Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Behind The Neck Military Press

I like this movement followed by dumbell presses.

Thanks for you imput I hope everyone elses responses are as good as yours

I would definitely not suggest going heavy when doing them behind the neck. If you do, do not bring your arms past parallel. Depending on how long your arms are, this motion might only be to the top of your head (in my case). I learned this the hard way when doing a set of 10 w/ 185. On my 10th one, I wasn't stuggling, but the weight leaned back a little putting my shoulders in an awkward position. I felt a pop in my shoulder, and afterwards thought that it almost came out of socket. I was going down past parallel to the bottom of my ear lobes when doing this. Now when I do shoulders, I use dumbells mostly, because they don't restrict your motion like the bar does.

Bro, I keep the wait light I do 135 for sets of 5.
Lifting for 1 1\2 years know weight 170.

"LIFT HARD STAY HARD":kaioken:

i love military, go up to 185 for 10 reps. and like torch i then follow it with dumbells. its hard, and thats why alot of guys puss out, and if you dont bring it down to your shoulders, your cheating.

Yea, I agree with DaMescleMan..... I never go heavy behind the neck because I have a bad shoulder and it always hurts like hell when I do that.

Instead I do them in-front of my head when using the bar.... I suggest dumbbells for heavier wieght... or ... my gym has one of those machines (can't remeber the name) that are for behind the neck military's ... but there are handles from the sides instead of the bar.... works great!

I do 4 sets
warm up 15x95
12x115
10x135
8x155

Steady movement all the way down, I think warm up is key here. 5'11 190lbs

OK- Next time you're in the gym watch someone doing this movement.Watch them from the side and you will see what a dangerous position the body is forced into.

J:D

Top Bottom