Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Beginning Westside questions

Crossword

After doing a lot of reading about westside, I've decided to try it and see how it works. I'm going to use the 9 Week Basic Training Program by Dave Tate.

http://www.elitefitnesssystems.com/documents/9week-training-program.htm

I have a few questions that I hope can be answered.

1) What split should I use? I can't workout on Sat or Sun, so I was thinking about doing:
Mon: ME Squat
Tues: DE Bench
Thur: DE Squat
Fri: ME Bench

2) How many boards should I use when doing board presses on ME Bench day?

3) How do you do the following exercises:
Pulldown Abs
One Arm Press
Ball Press

4) How much weight should I use on the assistance exercises? Should it be light where I can easily do the assigned reps or should it be more difficult to the point where I can just barely complete the assigned reps?

5) What should I do if my gym doesn't have a Glute-Ham Raise or Reverse Hyperextension machine?

Well, I'll answer what I can.

I'm not sure what to tell you about that split. I don't think you'd want to do your DE bench before your ME bench.

As far as boards, we pretty much rotate through the different board levels for ME work, doing 2 board one week, 3 the next, etc.

I usually go a little lighter with my accessory work on speed days, and heavier on ME days.

If you don't have a glute ham, find other exercises, like pull throughs.

As far as the reverse hyper, I would think if you're just starting, you could get by without it.

Top Bottom