Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Beginner: with a beginner question.

kentucky

I'm fairly new to this, and was wondering. I'm working out 3 days a week, and working large muscle groups for right now.

Is it best when I do each exercise together, all 3 sets.... or do all the exercises in a pattern rotating them....ex.

keep in mind this is just an example for better understanding...

bench then
lat pull then
seated rows then back to bench.

-OR-

3 sets of bench then
3 sets of lat pull then
3 sets of seated rows.

thanks. any info is greatly appreciated. If you could tell me why I'd appreciate it as well.

Supersetting (the first example) will help you finish faster and maybe give you some cardio. Otherwise the difference is negligible.

-casual

open for more comments,

but

If I do superset, should I limit the number of exercises I do, or just do my entire routine, then go back through it.

I would bet that most people here don't superset, I know I dont.

IF you workout at a gym then you're probably gonna have a tough time trying to superset more than 2 things at a time, unless you go at 2 am and you can bogart all the equipment. I guess if you're working out at home it's easier, except you might have to change out the weights on your bars a lot.

Also, someone correct me ifI'm wrong, it's more like just circuit training if you're doing more than two exercises in order. Supersetting (as I understood it) is working two opposite muscles (or groups) after each other, e.g. bis and tris.

Last edited:
Supersets would be reserved for occasional use to kick you in the Ass so to speak. Not a regular thing IMO...

Legs, Back are the most common groups to SS.

Some people do supersets until they literally drop, hence the ass kicking reference

Do both. its always good to switch things up for a while. Although, since you are a beginner i would hold up on supersets until a later time.

What do you define "beginner" as?What i mean is how long have you been lifting?If your really new to weight training(with in 3 months or so) i wouldn't worry about supersetting yet, and just work on proper form with basic compund movements ofcourse:)

Top Bottom