Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Before and After pictures. Lost 50 lbs, now I need to gain some lean Muscle

I wasnt planning on sticking to the same diet i used to loose weight. i will be taking in lots of cal's just not fatty cals, i plan on eating alot of leans meats, low carbs, tons of proteins stuff like that. im gonna try and stay away from processed food, dairy, and everything along those lines. i really didnt like the idea having a huge intake of calories via milk ha.

the diet on that website posted looks pretty good. You dont wanna go low carb for bulking up, but if you put on fat easily you will want to keep your diet "clean" this means your carbs will be mainly slow digesting and your fats will be mainly healthy fats, although fast carbs are needed post workout and some saturated fats are needed too. Milk is a good source of carbs, fat, vitamins and overall calories. You dont want to eat a low carb diet either. Your best foods are (in no order) chicken, lean steak, fish, milk, oats, whole eggs, yams, sweet potatoes, brown rice, wholemeal pasta, whey protein, cottage cheese, some other cheeses are OK in moderation, natural peanut butter, green veggies, fruit and a lot of water, IMO the only supps you should bother with are a good multivitamin, a good protein product and some fish oil capsules.

At 180 I would aim for somewere around 3000-3500kcal, what does everyone else think to that?

the diet on that website posted looks pretty good. You dont wanna go low carb for bulking up, but if you put on fat easily you will want to keep your diet "clean" this means your carbs will be mainly slow digesting and your fats will be mainly healthy fats, although fast carbs are needed post workout and some saturated fats are needed too. Milk is a good source of carbs, fat, vitamins and overall calories. You dont want to eat a low carb diet either. Your best foods are (in no order) chicken, lean steak, fish, milk, oats, whole eggs, yams, sweet potatoes, brown rice, wholemeal pasta, whey protein, cottage cheese, some other cheeses are OK in moderation, natural peanut butter, green veggies, fruit and a lot of water, IMO the only supps you should bother with are a good multivitamin, a good protein product and some fish oil capsules.
what exactly does fish oil do?? and im not trying to bulk up so wouldnt i want a low carb diet? im a tad confused. I apologize for my lack of knowledge on the subjects. I am still learning the ropes to fitness.

what exactly does fish oil do?? and im not trying to bulk up so wouldnt i want a low carb diet? im a tad confused. I apologize for my lack of knowledge on the subjects. I am still learning the ropes to fitness.

carbs will give you the energy throughout the day needed for getting stronger and lifting heavy weight, and if you eat slow digesting carbs, they will give you a steady source of energy throughout the day, so you wont get a sudden burst and then run out quickly, also when you get that sudden burst of energy, insulin is released and this is when you start to store fat, by keeping your energy release at a slow rate you will continue to burn fat throughout the day, so this will minimise the fat that you put on from bulking. Carbs also help pull water into the muscle to make them bigger and fuller. Low carb diets are usually used for shedding bodyfat maybe that is what you are getting confused with...

fish oil helps with joint health, muscle recovery and fat burning and its very cheap!

high fat, high protein, high carbs, lots of veggies, loads of water, as much rest as possible, and a heavy training are the key components to building mass. if your not going to do that than your wasting your time. the diet on the program i posted just like the training is an effective start to body building. it is a simple to follow guide to get you moving in the right direction while you are learning.

so instead of eating alot of carbs is there a supplement that would give me the same range of energy to avoid the carbs.i want as little BF as possible. i want a really lean cut body like those pictures i posted earlier.

get as lean as you want to be first. then put on the muscle without putting on to much fat (also keep sodium low to avoid bloat) then cut when you need to be cut. your not going to be able to walk around shredded all year long while holding any kind of mass.

Great progress!!!! Keep it up, and you'll be in better & better shape, more than you can even imagine now.

Probably my best before & after would be these two pics of my left arm... I wouldn't be seen in public, let alone get my pic taken, when I was in so bad of shape as I was for a couple years ending in '07. The "after" pics are from this past summer & fall... I can't find any other "before" pics.

Charles

Before: http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m174/kx250racer/DSCN1067.jpg

After: http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m174/kx250racer/Tattoo-1.jpg

Full pic (after): http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m174/kx250racer/Charlesworkingonranch10-09.jpg

Pumped (after) : http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m174/kx250racer/TubeEarrings.jpg

so instead of eating alot of carbs is there a supplement that would give me the same range of energy to avoid the carbs.i want as little BF as possible. i want a really lean cut body like those pictures i posted earlier.

follow the diet on the 20 rep squat workout website at first. You have to eat carbs, theres no magic supplement that is as good as consistent big food meals. If your not gonna eat like your bulking then u will stay skinny. Arnel Ricafranca (the guy in the first pic u posted) didnt get like that without bulking

i really wish someone would chime in and give me some advice on some supplements. I want faster better results, and i dont mind spending the money for it.
Joe i really appriciate your all your help so far! :)
kx259rider those are some great before and afters, im digging the tat! and thanks for the kind words!

Top Bottom