Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

The Beast's Training Journal!

louden_swain said:

Its all good my man. .

I think if Walkingbeast becomes unsatisfied or disappointed with his progress. . he would definetely come to us all for help.

no doubt!! he would do the same for any of us brotha! tb

Sunday 11-16-03 Upper chest, Speed bench, Delts, Rear delts and abs

Today was a decent workout, considering my triceps are still extremely sore from a few days ago. I hit a few small PR's. Also I went for 360 on the incline after a number of heavy sets and managed to get it pretty legit. I brought it down real fast, blasted it off my chest and then about 3/4's of the rep, the guy spotting me put his finger on the bar, and says he didnt assist me, didnt get a chance cuz it went up fast, and his hand was injured as well. So I count it as legit. Though it slowed down alot near the top, probabally cuz my triceps were so torn up, and the finger did make the difference. Im sure it was mostly mental though. If I was fresh and maxing I think Id have alot more in me. That was the highlight of the workout, my repping was weak today. Also hit some small PR's with the shoulders. Cable Lateral Raises to the side. Heres the routine and PR's:

Incline Bench:

135x20 (warm up)
225x10 (warm up)
275x10 (warm up, but still taken to failure)
315x 3.5 (weak)
335x1.5 (weak)
360x1 (5lb PR, somewhat questionable, but good considering my triceps were fried)
315x3
275x7.5 (with no spotter even present, almost took my head off, but not quite)
225x14 (no spotter present)

Speed Bench: 10 sets of 3 reps at 160lbs, 30 seconds rest between sets. Acceleration was good.

Then Hammer Strength Machine for shoulders (simulates behind the neck presses I believe): (Weights are listed as if weight was on a barbell)

225x12
315x9
365x6

Then one-arm Cable Lateral Raises to the side:

40x15
50x12
60x12 (PR)
70x12 (PR)
Followed by dumbell laterals with 35lb dumbells for 19 reps, 12 to the sides, and 7 to the front.

Then Rear Delt Machine:

155x12
200x12
260 for a few reps only

Lastly abs, Kneeling rope crunches on cable apparatus:

170x15
190x15
190x15
190x15

Thats all. ThanX for all the encouragement!!!

RusPA81 said:
You're incline is really fucking impressive Beast. Excellent work!

ThanX Rus!! Makes me wonder which bench will hit 405 first, either way its going to feel so fucking good. Incline means even more to me,since you dont see many people strong on that movement. ThanX for all the encouragement brother!! Must feel good to crush 405!!!!

WalkingBeast said:

ThanX Rus!! Makes me wonder which bench will hit 405 first, either way its going to feel so fucking good. Incline means even more to me,since you dont see many people strong on that movement. ThanX for all the encouragement brother!! Must feel good to crush 405!!!!

I agree, a heavy incline is quite impressive. You should just be really hardcore and max 405 on incline before you try it on flat. That would be really hardcore.

RusPA81 said:

I agree, a heavy incline is quite impressive. You should just be really hardcore and max 405 on incline before you try it on flat. That would be really hardcore.

haha Ive been thinking the same thing. It may end up like that, or maybe Ill just hit both,one after the other. ThanX again Rus!!!!

beast why are you double posting your work out???

the point of having a journal is to post your workouts there. or you can just start a new thread every week and post your workouts fresh.

but there is no point to posting it in the journal, and as a new thread. its just taking up space on the web.

on your training note. you dont go for a max, and do speed day on the same day. 1 day you go for a max, 2nd day, you work your speed. not 2 heavy days, and throw speed in on top of one.

but here is a recomendation. when anyone bench's on an incline, they use more shoulders. if your bench on flat and incline is withing 5-10 lbs of each other, than your triceps are your weak link.

why dont you ditch the speed day for now, have your heavy incline day, and instead of full range of motion flat bench day. make it rack lockouts, heavy, and i mean heavy. if your doing anything under 6 reps, you should have 405 on the bar.

i hope that helps

X

Top Bottom