Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

The Beast's Training Journal!

WalkingBeast said:
The heaviest I went was 275 for 8 reps, very slow and controlled. Its not 15, but its a start to getting back.

Right. Not bad man :) Since you were doing the 15 faster, you might've had a couple more in you.

Definitely on the road back.

Flat Bench:
45x Many times to warm-up
135x20
225x21
275x8
225x18

Hammer Strength Wide Chest machine:

185x15
275x9
275x12

Hammer Strength Incline Machine:

185 to failure (unsure of reps)
225x16

(Weights were added up as if they were on a 45lb bar)

That's not too shabby after all those bench reps ;) I know you're not happy about it, but 225x21 is still DAMN good. You'll be back around 27 inside of a month.

How do you like those two Hammer machines? They're two of three pec exercises I use in rotation for DC. The Wide is pretty neat, but the stretch at the bottom can be scary...I like the Iso-Incline better, but that damn thing doesn't give quite enough stretch.

Anyway, glad you're coming back with a vengeance. How sore did this make you? :)

i have always kept a journal well since i started bodybuilding. in the few months everything has gone up greatly but looking to throw it up more. It was the best thing i've ever done was start my training log

Right on beast

Glad to see your back into it, hope the backs feeling good. Keep at it and you'll be destroying the weights again in no time.

Your #1 fan:D

guldukat said:

Right. Not bad man :) Since you were doing the 15 faster, you might've had a couple more in you.

Definitely on the road back.

That's not too shabby after all those bench reps ;) I know you're not happy about it, but 225x21 is still DAMN good. You'll be back around 27 inside of a month.

How do you like those two Hammer machines? They're two of three pec exercises I use in rotation for DC. The Wide is pretty neat, but the stretch at the bottom can be scary...I like the Iso-Incline better, but that damn thing doesn't give quite enough stretch.

Anyway, glad you're coming back with a vengeance. How sore did this make you? :)

ThanX brother!! Good to see some responses to the journal. Wasnt sure anyone read it lately. haha I like both of those hammer machines alot, including the one you lay down in. The incline machine caused some pain in my back, so I only did 2 sets on that. Hammer machines definately seem like the next best thing to free weight. I dont feel much soreness now, not until the next day. Im sure Ill be pretty sore since Im getting back into it again. My bench workout really was scaled down from where it was. I was doing 11 sets for flat bench alone and alot of overall reps. Incline bench for 11 sets as well. Plus rack lockouts and speed bench. (Incline and flat , along with speed bench and racklockouts were divided into 2 days. ) ThanX again!

protobe said:
i have always kept a journal well since i started bodybuilding. in the few months everything has gone up greatly but looking to throw it up more. It was the best thing i've ever done was start my training log

Well, this journal is more to show people what Im working with and how I train. I figure its useful for people to see whats involved before they take someone's advice. I have a written journal that I record all of my information in. Diet, bodyweight, supplements, along with some information on sets and reps. Only difference is here I list all of my sets and reps, but no diet information. Too much work to list all my meals twice haha

NeoSoul said:
Right on beast

Glad to see your back into it, hope the backs feeling good. Keep at it and you'll be destroying the weights again in no time.

Your #1 fan:D

ThanX brother!!!!!!!! The encouragement is much appreciated!! Hope that routine works out for you!

1-11-04 Sunday Triceps,Delts,Lower back, and abs

I didnt record the sets as I was doing them, but did count sets.

Triceps: For triceps I did 12 sets. 7 sets of rope pulldowns on cable apparatus. Going up in 20lb increments to 160lbs for 10-12 reps.
Then onto the V-bar attachement for another 3 sets. Going up to 190lbs for 12-15 reps. Then onto skull crushers on an incline bench. 90lbs for 12 reps, then 110lbs for 12 reps.

Shoulders: I did 4 or 5 sets only. Dumbell lateral raises. Going up to 35lb dumbells for 12-15 reps on my last set.

Lower back: 2 sets of weightless hyper extentions for 15 reps each.

Abs: 4 sets of kneeling rope crunces on cable apparatus, 190lbs for 15 reps each set.

Triceps was the main focus today. Shoulders usually get hit pretty hard from the 22+ sets of chest I do weekly. Although the volume is less now because of my back injury. As is the weight used. Just doing something for lower back to get it ready for when I start deadlifting again, and keeping the abs strong.

Lord_Suston said:
Beast I am always suprised on how much volume you can do and still hit the weights heavy man, good shit

ThanX brother!!! Thats a huge compliment coming from you. I got nothing but respect for you brother. Your vids with T3c and the gang have inspired me like nothing else. Fucking Hardcore!!!! Hope your feeling better.

1-12-04 Monday Partial Deadlifts,Back,Biceps,Lower Back and Abs
(one "Speed Stack" only, NO2)

Today was a very good day. Im happy to report that I was able to deadlift pretty heavy again, and my dumbell rowing and back strength is nearly back again as well. Felt little to no pain. I didnt even plan on deadlifting today, but I got in a bit of a psycotic mood today and figured fuck it. I didnt have my deadlifting shoes on (chuck taylors) either. Also my bodyweight was at 191lbs after alot of water, protein bar and a shake. Man I was praising the lord today! hahahaha Being out of the fucking gym was rotting my fucking brain! I was hesitant and though I attempted 545 on the partial deadlifts I didnt give it 100%, since Im still careful with the injury. That kind of weight could tear something bad. I also trained biceps inbetween sets of deadlifts. I also did some dumbell rows inbetween deadlift sets. Heres what I did:

Partial Deadlifts (Off of power rack on lowest setting)

135x20
225x12
315x3
405x1
455x1
495x1
======125lb dumbell rows for 15 reps
515x1
545 (Failed twice, didnt want to strain too much)
495x3
========Alternating dumbell curls with the following:
45x15,60x9,65x8,70x2(little rest on the last set)
=====================================
Back to partials:
455x6
===========Standing Cable Curls (Double bicep style)
70(per side)x15, 90x15, 100x8-9
=========================================
Partials again:
455x6
===========Dumbell rows:
150'sx12
=====================
Alternate dumbell curls:
50x9,45x11,45x10
==========Dumbell rows:
150x15 and 11 reps with right arm.
==========Chin-ups: Bodyweight x 6-8 only
Rowing Machine:
120x15
150x15
180x12
==========Hyper Extentions: 2 sets of 15 (bodyweight only)
========= Sit up machine: 100 sit-ups

19 sets for Back, 10 sets for biceps, 1 set for abs (30 set total)

As you can see nothing was done in any planned order. I had a great workout though. Getting back into it again

Top Bottom