Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

The Beast's Training Journal!

Looks like I would have to install a video editing program to remove the sound from the video, than re upload. Not worth it for one video. I already have one or more vids of the 300x30 and longer dropsets as well. So its nothing unique. If this becomes a more regular problem than I will do that. If I fix the video Ill repost it. I cant control the shitty music at the gym and youtube likes to file copyrights on that shit.

KILL THAT SHIT

About to hit some back. Maybe some trap work with laterals and rear delts. Only reason Ive been adding in some rear delt work is to possibly stabilise the shoulder joint as Im front delt dominant. May cause some of my shoulder issues.

The idea is that Ill focus on contraction and keep shit relatively light to let shoulders heal. Since a maintenance phase doesnt really need heavy training. However the beast emerges once I enter the gym and tend to justify heavy lifting. Will see how everything feels though.

Im mostly back up to peak size and leaner, so the routine is effective for now. Until its time to focus on growth. Maybe by november 21. Hard to say where Ill be at with chin ups but thats a possible area for a PR, especially since Im lighter. Strength in back has been down though so I cant say where itll be. Weight is coming up too again.

Depending on which gym I use, the chin up machine is slightly different too. This may also have something to do with why I hit less chins at that gym. Maybe the grip is different slightly. Hard to say.

KILL THAT SHIT

Back , Shoulders (trap focused laterals), Rear delts

Very light, Low volume

Another maintenance session. Strength is coming back but still off. It comes back quickly when shit is in place. Size is starting to come back as ive increased eating again. Ill see about hitting a growth phase on the 21rst of next month. Will likely increase training to 3x a week as well and start to gradually increase everything, so that if I decide to hit a 10 week growth phase Im ready to start it.

Strength and size is coming back gradually. Biceps have been sore as fuck. It comes in phases. It was a big problem today with rowing work. I didnt go heavy on pullovers because hiatal hernia is very tight now too. This also comes in phases. It was better today than last week.

Back is also extremely stiff after my back sessions now, which seems new. Shouldnt be an issue though.

I added 5 grams creatine back into the routine. Only on training days, so only 3x a week. At twice a week it seemed pointless. The beta alanine helps with muscle endurance when taking pre workout or during training, so I added about 3 grams to that as well. Ill start adding that into my intraworkout drink. Im out of karbolyn and the amino powder for now.

224 lbs after meal

Chin Ups with close grip, palms facing

165 lbs assistance x 20 warm
120 lbs assistance x 10 warm
27 (Weak. See video)

Low Cable Row (palms facing close grip handle)

165x30 warm
225x20
255x15

Biceps were very tight so I didnt push it. These are also hard on shoulder joints. I was hitting 350x10 a month or two ago, 285x25, etc. For maintenance its better to give the joints a rest until its time to grow. During growth phases I always incorporate record attempts on lifts unless I am injured and grinding out the phase anyway. I dont usually start growth phases heavily injured but it can happen during.

Lat Pullover Hammer Strength (plate loaded)

no rest til line

90x30
180x30
-----

Not alot of reps or weight due to hiatal hernia tightness

180x25

Hammer Strength Iso Low Row (plate loaded)

no rest til line

180x25
270x10
------
no rest til line

270x11
180x20
-----

Same issue with biceps forced me to limit reps and weight today. I trained them directly for the first time in weeks 2 days ago, so it may be that as well. Theyve been an issue regardless the last several weeks.

Dumbbell Laterals (trap focused version)

45x25 warm

No rest til line

60x20
45x10
-----

again

60x20
50x10
45x10
------

again

50x20
45x10
-----

Again

50x20
45x10
-----

Reverse Machine Fly (Long holds)

125x15
165x15
195x15

Didnt push these because they fuck with shoulder joints

KILL THAT SHIT

video below

Chest Rehab, Shoulders (overhead pressing, trap focused laterals) and Rear Delts

Leaning, Maintenance, Light and low volume

Strength is definately still down, but strength with rehabbing chest is coming up. Im hitting strict hammer strength incline presses now, just short of bottoming out. This means no rest for the chest at the bottom and no bang off the stoppers for extra inertia. Ive also cycled back to locking out with most of my pressing. To switch shit up. This is my second week hitting incline work again I believe. I just want to get some blood in my chest for now and build the area back up.

Training frequency and volume is reduced now as well as overall intensity. Ive been gradually increasing eating but the main focus is maintaining and staying leaner for now. Until Im ready for growth.
Shoulder strength seems way down on the machines for some reason. It may be due to not training with the same volume and intensity overall and being 20 lbs lighter.

Back has been getting extremely stiff. Upper back. After training sessions. Ill have to see how that develops. Taking naproxen prior to rowing and pressing days, sometimes, has been good for shoulder joints. They feel slightly better after focusing on machines only for pressing, the last few weeks.

I may aim more toward 360x30 with the hammer strength inclines in the full range , stricter form, rather than aiming to increase and rep out 540 and beyond again. I could feel a click in the right side of my chest, similiar to the 3 pops Ive had in the area, during my 410 lb set, early in. It was slight but Im always only one bad set or rep away from tearing or popping that area again. So I have to balance that shit. Ill try to stay focused on size with chest and save my heavier pressing for the shoulder work. I have done alot more weight and reps but I am just looking to build and re inforce the area for now.

While this training is sub par for me, its worthwhile to film some of the sets, so I can see how the area is rehabbing and easily see where my reps are at, so I can keep adding more weekly. All training is valuable to some degree, as it sets to stage for when Im ready to grow again. So I will film some of the current training.

223 lbs after meal earlier in day

CHEST REHAB

Flat Barbell Bench Press (Warm up and stretching only)

Bar x 200 with barbell stretches to each side

Hammer Strength Incline Press (Full range reps except not bottoming out, to keep it stricter)

No rest til line (Not locking out most of these. This is just to warm up the area)

90x50
180x30
270x10
--------- (Not to failure, purely warm up)

360x18 1/2 (Up from 15 last week. See video)
410x10 (See video. These should come up quickly as I just started incline work again. Will stick with high reps to avoid injury most likely. Rehabbing chest)

Felt a mild click in my right pec during the 410 set. It becomes more of a mental struggle with myself, to hold myself back. Knowing my strength level but not being able to test it. Ive already popped my chest 3 times in the last year or so.

No rest til line (See video)

430x6
360x6
270x8
------

Chest was compromised by this point so kept intensity low and didnt push shit too far.

Nautilus Horizontal Chest Press (plate loaded again)

Full range with holds

140x20
230x17

No rest til line

280x5
230x5
140x10
-----

Nautilus Overhead Press (seat set to line below 9)(Plate loaded again)

No rest til line (Not to failure) (Possibly full range on these, dont remember)

180x20
270x20
360x8
------
450x6 (Full range. Very weak lately for some reason with these)

No rest til line (Not locked out)

540x5
450x5
360x8
270x10
-----

Dumbbell Laterals (trap focused version)

45x70 (brief rest pauses)
45x50 (Same. Just wanted to get these over with today and get some blood in traps)

Reverse Machine Fly

Long holds on each rep. Very little rest between sets

175x20
225x12

No rest til line

295x5
235x5
190x10
160x10
--------

KILL THAT SHIT

Videos below

Looks like one of my nerves is either pinched, or disc crushed. This is normal for me as I have 6 ruptured discs last I got scanned. May be more now. Sometimes a nerve gets pinched or irritated and it can take a week or a few weeks to dissipate. Its best to let it heal and leave the shit alone, training wise.

I get some radiating pain from the area, also into legs, but its sharper in the spinal collumn.

So it may be time to take a break. Ill feel shit out though. These forced breaks are always beneficial, since I often will not take breaks otherwise.

KILL THAT SHIT

Top Bottom