Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

The Beast's Training Journal!

Back

Extremely light and low volume maintenance

Muscles fatigued real quick today. Real weak. This may be a side effect of high thyroid levels, which showed up in my bloodwork recently. Just started a med to lower that. Will see if some things improve with that.

Right now I am just looking to maintain muscle with the least amount of work. Somewhat like a break. Training only twice a week with lower volume.

Back was stiff as fuck. Arms had alot of tenderness, everything was overly sore and fatigued very quick. Afterwards my entire back was unusually stiff. May be related to the thyroid issue or from not training as intense lately and the low eating in the last 2 weeks.

Im only training pressing on one day, rowing on the other. I may throw in biceps and triceps at the end of chest/shoulders and back days. Ill experiment with low volume and see what works. Arms have lost some size and staying in the 18 3/4 to 19 cold range but Im also lighter from the low eating the last 2 weeks.

If my body is still torn up like this then it may be time for a full break again. Will feel shit out.

Back and chest strength with dumbbells was way down by my shoulder dumbbell pressing strength was good enough to hit a few records last week. So its mixed. Shoulder strains may be radiating pain into other areas as well.

222 lbs before meals

Chin ups (palms facing, close grip)

160 lbs assistance x 20 warm
100 lbs assistance x 10 warm
23 with bodyweight (strength way down today, was bad last week too though)
8 with bodyweight

Lat pullover Hammerstrength (plate loaded)

90x70 (hiatal hernia had some popping today, so I stopped it here)

Iso High Row Hammerstrength (plate loaded)

140x20
270x12
270x12

holds mixed in with all rowing sets mostly

Iso high row hammer strength (plate loaded)

180x20
270x15

Cybex Lat pull (pin loaded)

205x15
305x10

Didnt push failure or volume today. Body was thrashed for whatever reason

KILL THAT SHIT

Chest Rehab, Shoulders, Rear Delts (trap focused laterals, overhead pressing for shoulders)

Maintenance/Leaning Phase

Very light and low volume

Tried some smith machine military presses but couldnt remember how I had the shit set up since its been a while. The exact incline, distance from bar, lower seat portion etc. Didnt feel right. Itll come back once I start fucking around with the movement again.

I avoided dumbbell pressing again. Giving my shoulder joints a break. Still only training twice a week and keeping everything low for basic maintenance. Eating is reduced too but should be enough to keep most of my size.

Second week hitting incline work for chest again. Still using full reps , except not bottoming out, so just short of hitting the bottom. Keeps a more constant tension and avoids overstretching the compromised area at the bottom.

Shoulder pressing strength was way down, especially on the nautilus overhead pressing machine. This may be from taking a 2 week break a few weeks ago, plus training low intensity, low volume to maintain. Experimenting to see what I can get away with for now, to maintain.

Also my thyroid level was high, so there may be some side effects with that. I think its more related to the lower intensity and volume, frequency of sessions. Only training twice a week. No arm work.

I may add arms back in. Will see. If Im going to train 3 times a week I might as well just go back into a growth phase, from my point of view. So maybe Ill add some sets into my 2 training days to compensate. Will see if they lose anymore size. My eating was also low for 2 weeks when I stopped keeping track of meals (pc was down). So that may have contributed to being weaker, losing some size.

I will bring up the reps weekly with the incline presses. I am still not pushing the limits of my chest with intensity, since the area is always tender. Right side had more tenderness today than left.

223 lbs after some milk and food from previous night

CHEST REHAB

Flat Barbell Bench Press (to stretch and warm up only)

Bar x 200 plus barbell stretches to each side

Incline Hammer Strength Press (Full range, except just short of hitting bottom of machine)

No rest til line

90x50 constant tension style
180x30 same
270x10 Full range from this point
------

320x17 (Full to just short of locking)
360x15 (Same)
380x10 (Same)
410x8 (Same)

Nautilus Horizontal Chest Press (plate loaded also)

180x30 (Full range with holds)
270x10 (Same)

No rest til line

230x10
180x10(same style with these)
-----

Also just short of hitting the bottom of machine

Had to train around chest tenderness.

Smith Machine Military Press (Closer grip)

Couldnt remember how I had the shit set up so I never got the set up right. Still fatigued quick with shoulder pressing today.

Full range (to chin and locked)

135x25 Warm
225x13
225x12
225x10

These were basically warm ups but never got in the right position. I was hitting 315 for 20 plus and 385 for reps a few months ago so I doubt my strength was that decreased. May have pre exhausted quick today as well. Normally I can hit high volume of sets and my strength decreases are extremely gradual.

Nautilus Overhead Press (plate loaded. Seat set to line below 9)

Full range reps

180x30 warm
360x10
450x7 (very weak today)

No rest til line

540x3
450x3
360x5
270x10
----

Dumbbell Laterals (trap focused version)

no rest til line

45x30
50x10
-----

no rest til line

50x20
65x5
-----

again

50x20
65x5
-----
again

45x25
65x5
------

Just to get some blood in traps. Havent done much for them in a while.
Not to failure.

Reverse Machine Flies (Long holds and very short rest between sets for these)

125x15
125x15
125x10
125x15

These irritated shoulder joints so kept it light.

KILL THAT SHIT

About to hit an arm maintenance session. Arms are sore as fuck. Body is just torn up. Also havent been training arms the past weeks, nor training my body at my usual intensity, volume or frequency. High thyroid issue, etc. May cause muscle fatigue issues.

I think Ill bring a third training day in now. Arms. It may not be every week since this is maintenance only right now. Or I may hit my arm work in the form of a few sets after my push and pull days. Have only been training twice weekly the last few weeks.

Bare maintenance. However my size is coming back up. Chest is 55 inches cold now and arms at 19 cold. 1/2 an inch down from peak on arms, 1 inch down from peak on chest/back measurement. Not bad for the low frequency of training and much reduced food intake. Also worth considering Im a little leaner than usual, so peak measurements dont really mean much in that context.

Upper chest started to fill out immediately after hitting incline work the first day. Its already looking a little fuller. That stimulation just wasnt there for a while. Ive only been hitting flat bench style machines, dumbbells, etc, for my chest rehab. Incline puts extra strain on the compromised area but is the best for my development. I should be able to build new muscle around these strains if I listen to the pain signals. Ill be working strength back up with full range reps on hammer incline press. Once I get to 450x20 in that form that will be pretty good. Size should be mostly back in chest by then, if not back. I was hitting 580 for maybe 20 with constant tension style on that machine. Its both easier and harder than the form Im using now though. Easier in the sense that the reps are very short, harder in the sense that its pure muscle control and tension in that mid range.

Right now Im using a mix of that form. Im stopping right before hitting the bottom of the machine. This means my chest gets no rest at the bottom and no bang off the stoppers, which creates some inertia and carry the weight a bit. I did full range in the past before, but hitting the bottom, with 500x10, 540x5, etc when I was a good deal smaller in 2012. This is a refinement of those lifts. It shouldnt take long to hit 450x15-20 with this stricter style. Its good for me to switch ranges and styles.

As stated I dont need much food and training to maintain around my peak size. Im still keeping with the lower calorie regimen. I still aim to get leaner while adding muscle, even though they work against eachother. Its been successful but VERY gradual and slow so far.

Im doing it this way because I lose interest immediately if Im only leaning out and losing size and strength. I have no deadline so theres no need to rush.

Its good to be filling back out again, even though I was only slightly downsized for a few weeks. It should start coming back now.

Im thinking november 21 I may start back up on a growth phase again. Thus I may start preparing now and amping things up as I draw closer to that date. Mainly food intake and eventually training frequency.

For now I will be trying to keep protein around 200 without force feeding. More like a break. I can maintain peak size on HRT at 130-200 protein range it seems. So this will come normally for now, with only a little training.

Im starting to feel that urge again to get back into the shit. Im divided and conflicted as always. Though I cant bury that fuckin beast for too long without serious repercussions.

The more restless I get the more wreckless I become. In all aspects, training and life.

Size style training will be the focus during this maintenance phase. Probably not alot of strength record attempts until I start the growth phase. Possibly on november 21 but not set in stone

KILL THAT SHIT

Arms

Maintenance/Leaning phase

First arm session in 3 weeks. Didnt expect to nearly hit a record with 300 lbs on pressdowns. Hit 30 reps. 31 would be a record. This has happened before with triceps where they keep thier strength. Sometimes even being stronger without direct training for several weeks. Biceps lose strength when not trained directly. They regain it quickly though. Biceps were very sore before beginning training. Arms just tore up and tender last few weeks.

Didnt effect training though. Tricep strength was good since Im still a little smaller muscle wise and alot lighter. Normally I hit that lift when Im in the upper 230s to low 240s. Gaining some weight back as I was 226 today. Not aiming for bodyweight at this stage. Just muscle size while getting leaner very slowly. Maybe even over the course of a year or two.

Im looking to gradually lose fat while adding muscle. Should be able to do it since I am doing it at a very slow pace. I prefer this method to just leaning. I dont like to lose alot of strength and size rapidly. Id rather grow as I lean.

Right now has been just maintenance. Size is coming back though as Ive increased eating slightly.

Chest/back measurement is back at 55 inches while waist is still down several inches from when I focused on leaning recently. Arms are still down to 19 inches cold but should be regain the extra 1/2 inch soon.

Laying off arm training may have given the elbows some recovery and that may be why I hit 30 with 300 today. I havent hit that many reps with that weight in a while. Friction on each machine varies however, as loading two 45 lb plates on the stack can often cause heavy friction. This makes a big difference. Felt a little friction but very minor today on that stack.

Ill likely gradually increase eating, training frequency and intensity to prepare for another growth phase starting november 21 possibly. Nothing is set in stone but its a strong possibility.

The growth phase will be done in a cleaner way as Ive been doing. More protein less calories.

Right now I only need 130-200 grams protein to get back to and stay around peak size while on HRT. Lower calories is beneficial because Ill get leaner and retain most my muscle. Some days will be higher or lower than 200 as I start increasing shit to prepare for the possible growth phase. During the growth phase I will likely aim for 300 protein, sometimes more without too much emphasis on calories or filler food like usual.

226 lbs after after a meal and 36 oz milk earlier

Strict Curved Bar Pressdowns

KILOGRAMS unless noted otherwise for tricep cable work

No rest til line

35x100
65x60
95x10
35x25 Strict dumbbell curls, both arms simultaneous with holds, palms facing forward , no twist
------

No rest til line (See video)

300 lbs x 30 (only 1 rep off from PR. Not bad for 3 weeks of no arm training)
255 lbs x10
95 Kilos again x 10 (210 lb stack)
80x10
65x10
57x10
35x20 Strict standing DB curls again, same style with holds
-------

No rest til line

300 lbs x10
255 lbs x10
95 kilos again x10
80x10
65x10
57x10
35x20 db curls again, same style
------

V Bar Pressdowns

Kilograms only for the rest of triceps

No rest til line

65x40
95x3
------

No rest til line

95x13
80x10
65x10
57x10
----------------

No rest til line

95x15
80x10
65x10
57x10
-------

One Arm Cable Pressdowns

No rest til line (Didnt keep track exactly of the reps. Alternating arms is the only rest)

20x20 (matched both sides always)
30x??
25x??
20x??
-----

Alot of reps and alternating as each side failed.

Upright Seated Dumbbell Curl

35x20 with holds
50x15 Brief rest pauses with holds mixed in (see video)

Alternating Dumbbell Curl with reverse curl negative (standing as usual)

50x8 (brief rest pause. These irritated biceps tenderness)

Standing 21's With Cambered Bar

90x21 (7 reps in 3 ranges of motion. Curling bottom to mid, mid to top, and full range)

Incline Dumbbell Curls

50x8

Freemotion Cable Curl

Holds

70x10
70x10
70x10
60x10

One Arm Preacher Curl (pin loaded machine)

??x5 (Stopped these. Fucked with bicep tightness and shoulder joints)

KILL THAT SHIT

Videos below

Tricep video is in 2 parts since this camera seperates long videos

Top Bottom