Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

The Beast's Training Journal!

Here is a list of my last few eating days. Just to give an idea what diet will be like. Basically aiming for a minimum of 250 protein and any extra calories or protein I get is what I get. I have no consistant sleep schedule and its random but my cut off time for each day is 7 am, for listing meals for that day. Eating is consistant from time awake til sleep. I just get down what I can basically. Im looking to push consumption just enough to move size in the right direction. I was stagnant for a while at 243 and hovering in the high 230s. Food was the only thing holding that back.

I ordered another 45 protein bars. Met RX Big 100. 410 calories, 32 protein per bar. Using these for the drive back from gym, to get in an extra feeding, plus whenever I can fit them in. I have not been using any shakes for a while. Too much bloat and acid. I have some MTS whey left over. I will probably use it rarely to finish it off. I plan to use bars to add to my overall consumption.

My diet is basically whole food, 30-90 oz chocolate milk (fairlife brand, 50 percent more protein according to label) and protein bars. I use cheap dollar food items to fill in calories and while there are some staples, the diet is constant changing. I dont have any rules about the way meals or divided or what foods I consume. Just to hit my target number of protein. The calories come with it since I often have carbs with and between meals anyway. Mainly I just want to move the scale weight up for now. Ill need to eat heavily to do that beyond 243 currently. It hasnt become my normal bodyweight yet. Once that happens I find its easier to maintain at higher sizes. High 230s now is pretty normal for me without busting my ass eating.

Heres the list:

Wednesday

12 oz shrimp and rice for first meal,

Big 100 MetRX protein bar for second meal, (driving home)

6 oz shrimp with peanut sauce, cabbage and noodles for third meal,

6 oz shrimp with peanut sauce, cabbage and noodles for fourth meal,

(258 protein)

Thursday

3 packets protein oatmeal for first meal,

Big100 MetRX protein bar for second meal,

9 beef raviolis and lima beans (left overs) for third meal,(30 oz choc milk)

10 eggwhites with 1 cup mozarella cheese for fourth meal,(pumpkin seeds)(6 tbsp
aminos)

(269 protein)

Friday

2 boxes mozarella sticks for first meal,

Big100 MET RX protein bar for second meal,

Big100 METRX protein bar for third meal,

12 oz shrimp with rice for fourth meal,

(30 oz choc milk)(pumpkin seeds)

10 egg whites with 1 cup mozarella for fifth meal, (6 tbsp aminos)(string cheese)

(386 protein)

protein intake is pretty moderate since Ive never been a believer in massive protein intakes. Marketing bullshit as far as Im concerned. protein is lighter and easier for me to cram down when Im bloated. So I work around my digestion and consume what I can. Meal division is purely based on my digestion. My digestion is fucked up so it varies every day. Some day I will be too bloated for heavy consumption.

KILL THAT SHIT

Probably take today off and focus on eating. Possibly tommorrow Ill hit shoulders seperately. Legs are extremely sore. More soreness today then after the first 24 hours post training. Both knees clicking audibly just walking, and quads, especially on the side of the leg, are extremely sore. Right leg also locked up when I bent my knee, laying down, to the point it felt like a wall or object was pushing against the side of my leg. Just a bad cramp. Had to keep that leg straight. Been happening on that leg the last few sessions or so.

I think the combination of the 100 mg tramadol pre workout and the dead stop reps on leg press , are hitting them pretty good. The painkillers probably dulled some of the burn and joint pain. Which means I went deeper into that burning zone than usual, especially on the extentions. So its useful for some sessions. Otherwise I try to be somewhat cautious when I percieve sharp joint pain for a long duration during a set.

Inner elbows have been inflamed for months now, and Ive been ignoring it mostly and just trainign through it. Not super heavy but feeling the pain on each rep of rows, curls. They havent seemed to be getting any worse despite that, so pain isnt always as bad as it seems.

Back is almost not sore at all. It takes extreme training for me to feel soreness in my back. The outer lats have a little dull soreness but thats it. Despite that it grows more than any other area. Ive been avoiding super heavy weight for back, due to tendons.

Woke up today with massive acid. Which makes sense, because I over ate with the protein and meals. When I do that theres a spill over effect on my digestion, which can fuck up the following day's meals. Should be able to get a decent amount of food down regardless. Just had to wait later in the day to start eating.

KILL THAT SHIT

Feeder Routine (that night)

Alternating Dumbbell Curls

15x50

Dumbbell Hammer curls

15x50

Alternating Dumbbell Curl with reverse curl negative

15x50

About to hit delts. Having a seperate day for delts has been good. It takes alot of the load off cramming them into back day, an already large day. Delts already get hit seperately after chest on that day as well. Ive been training 5 days maybe the last week or so to hit delts alone. Normally I train 4 days. Chest volume is very low and lighter now, to work around chest strain, so Ive been hitting more overhead pressing to make up for it.

Cant say if today will be a day for any pressing records. My right shoulder/neck/trap still has a very slight strain. I can likely get away with heavy overheads but I may go more for dropsets on a pin loaded pressing machine. Havent decided yet. Growth is more the focus now. Weight is coming up and eating is going well.

Its too early with the feeder routines to tell if they are adding anything to the arms but I will keep up with the shit and see.

KILL THAT SHIT

Yesterday's diet:

2 boxes mozarella sticks for first meal, (48)(banana bread)(68) Big100 MET RX PROTEIN BAR

for second meal, (100) 12 oz shrimp and rice for third meal,(190)(pumpkin seeds)(200)(30 oz

choc milk)(245) Big100 MetRX protein bar for fourth meal, (277)(6 tbsp aminos)(307 protein)

Ill post these samples occasionally to give an idea what Im eating. Since now is a growth phase for me. The next 46 days or so atleast, unless injured severely. Protein is the only thing I count. I use my shitty digital scale which is very inconsistant (different reading each time I step on it), to get an idea if Im pushing my bodyweight upward. Thats all I really use it for now. The weights it displays can vary 3-6 lbs , sometimes more. So if I see those numbers all being higher, I know Im pushing weight upward. I dont really give a fuck about my bodyweight aside from that. It can be fat, water, bloat from food, whatever. Measurements are always my main tool to see whats going on. Strength gains are a good indicator too. Though strength comes way before size does.

I havent posted diet examples in a while , simply because I was just maintaining or testing how little food I could get away with. I was working on balancing the routine , to not become a slave to the shit, as in the past. Thats still a big part of my focus. I ended up slowly growing during my maintenance phases, but the diet still didnt serve as a good example of what Id eat during a growth focused phase. My metabolism is way slower now, so this diet would not have done shit for me in the past. Back then I needed to be aiming more toward 5000-6000 calories to grow and often that was only enough to maintain. So one diet never fits all, and it never works forever. Definately have to adapt with the changes your body makes. I use some cheap calorie dense foods because I have a very limited gut capacity and slow digestion. Its all about tweaking and trying to polish the routine. When I eat consistantly enough food for growth, my food choices arent consistant. I only care about hitting my numbers at the end of the day. Sometimes a few big meals and filler inbetween, sometimes more smaller meals. Varies on the day.

The protein bar on the way back from the gym has been a good way to fill that gap. Since when I get back I log my training, videos, etc and sometimes dont eat for another hour or so. The protein bars have made it very easy to add more nutrition. Since I constantly eat throughout the day, or drink milk, meal division is not always accurate for me. So I dont care about the number of meals or how I list it. Just that I get it in. I often have alot of feedings inbetween meals that are smaller, that I dont consider meals. Sometimes though I may eat 30-50 grams of protein in one sitting, on those filler items. So it doesnt really matter how its listed. Its based around digestion for the day.

KILL THAT SHIT

Delts and rear delts (overhead pressing, some side laterals, trap focused laterals)

Mid weight and low volume

Stronger than expected today. Ive been overloading shoulder press machines for a while and havent done any type of barbell military press in years. So I didnt expect to have the strength for 405 on that movement. I only went up to 365x3 but didnt push it, since I felt a twinge still in my neck and the strained pec on right side. I did not feel the movement in my chest at all but wasnt worth the risk today. Felt some cramping in right chest before even entering the gym.

Maybe I will throw 405 on within the coming weeks but Ill feel shit out. 365 did not feel heavy on that machine. Usually the angled smith machine fucks with joints but on the militaries it wasnt an issue. I did some full range sets. I dont go below my chin but locked out on some sets. I will mostly stick to constant tension with these. The lockout is not beneficial as mentioned. Was just seeing where I was at strength wise.

Despite hitting 630 on the nautilus overhead for reps, I didnt realise how it would translate to that movement, since its been so long. Dumbbell shoulder presses will be very easy to break records on as well, since I havent done those in a very long time either.

I will likely hit these two movements together now on thier own day, to switch things up. I went light on the side laterals and trap focused laterals, since my neck/trap area is still irritated. Rear delt work as well, since it ties in.

I should be able to hit many records since this was just my first time doing militaries in years and repped 365. As mentioned, building new muscle and strength on machines or other movements translates to other similiar movements. Setting the bench slightly angled back from 90 degrees makes a big difference on taking off some spinal pressure. I did not feel my chest being used at all , so it was all shoulder. Same thing with dumbbell shoulder presses.

Since my military press strength is so high now, incline smith machine presses should be much higher as well. Maybe even 315x30 plus, but Ill wait til my chest is more healed before I try those again.

I used a much narrower grip for the smith machine militaries as well. Going wider I felt pec tension. So that increased range as well.

I should easily hit 100s for 25 or more next time, especially if done fresh, and break records there. Bodyweight is coming back up and eating has been good.

239 lbs after meal

Smith Machine Military Presses (First time doing these in years, as a result many PRs. Strength translates from all the machine overloading work ive been doing)

(range is down to about chin level and back up. Bench is angled back slightly from the 90 degree angle)

Bar x50 warm up
135x50 warm up
185x30 warm up
225x29 warm up
275x15 (Possible PR, warm up, only because I havent done these in so long. See video)
315x8 (Full reps. PR. See video)
335x5 (Full reps. PR. See video)
350x5 (Full reps. PR. See video)
365x3 (Full reps. PR. See video. Didnt push it too hard. Didnt want to fuck with pec or neck strain)

Resisted temptation to load up 405

No rest til line

315x6
275x7
225x8
185x9-10
135x10
--------- (Mix of full and constant tension style reps)

Dumbbell Shoulder Presses ( Bench angled slightly back from 90 degrees)

55x45 (warm up)
90x23 (warm up. See video)
100x16 (see video)
110x8 (see video)
100x16 (see video)

Considering the pre exhaustion, 100x16 wasnt bad. I should be able to reach the mid 20s next session, depending when I hit them in the routine. I think atleast 20 even pre exhausted.

Dumbbell Laterals (trap focused version)

no rest til line

45x25
60x10
------
same

45x20-25
60x10
------------------

Standard Dumbbell Laterals

20x20 (long holds)
20x20 (regular, but right after previous set)
20x20 (regular, shortly after second set)

Super light on these and the rear delt work. Wanted to give shoulder joints, neck, trap strain a break

Reverse Machine Flies

145x15 (long holds)
145x15 (same)
145x15 (same)
145x15 (same)

Done with little rest. Minimal but giving shoulder joints a break

KILL THAT SHIT

videos below

Top Bottom