Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Bear Training Journal

ugh just had a decent sized post deleted lol. colds suck man... i just read an article that said that working out can actually help alleviate the symptoms of a cold and can also help prevent colds. allergies fucked my training so hard the last 2-3 months i can't even begin to describe it.

i see your point, but if you can keep good form with (for arguments sake) 255x5, aren't you getting more out of it?

ugh just had a decent sized post deleted lol. colds suck man... i just read an article that said that working out can actually help alleviate the symptoms of a cold and can also help prevent colds. allergies fucked my training so hard the last 2-3 months i can't even begin to describe it.

i see your point, but if you can keep good form with (for arguments sake) 255x5, aren't you getting more out of it?

dude just read the first post lol

he's working on neural effeciency by working very low volume with 80% of his max very frequently for the next 6-8 weeks

^^ basically.

Jdid - If I am able to recruit as many muscle fibers my body will allow all within 1 rep, why would I need 4 more?

Hopefully I can prove that less is more and that quality >> quantity.

Also guys, I'm thinking of testing my 1RMs around next weekend to see where they're really at. They are higher than the estimated ones but I don't know by how much. I know a month ago i hit 335x1 on squats and 250x1 on bench. I'm probably going to do day 1 maxes, rest, then day 2 maxes, rest, then back to the normal workout with the new 80%. I'm thinking Thursday and Saturday :) Then in the next 2-3 weeks after that I'll test them again.

Ill be interested to see how this works out. It it goes smoothly and puts a nice chunk on your 1rm's it might be an ideal thing to do following a peaking cycle since it would give you a rest from the really heavy weight and allow you to get used to the new strength you had developed by getting weight in your hands frequently...

EM - Yeah hopefully all goes well.

Day 7

Press
60 x 1

Chins
50 x 1

Deads
295 x 2

Comments: I just realized I didn't post this workout. I did it maybe 2 days ago? Chins were easier than usual. Just wasn't feeling it for deads. My form went to shit because I was tired.

Day 8
5/3/11

Squat
255 x 1
Bar felt a bit heavier than normal but felt strong.

Bench
185 x 1
Feeling pretty damn strong on this.

Row
155 x 1
Strong.

Comments: did warmups, I think I'm going to post the top weights only though. Also very tired today and am about to pass out now. Unfortunately my g/f just left for 2 months so I'm going to miss her and have to get used to the hand again, but fortunately I get the bed to myself again so I can get better sleep :)

^^ basically.

Jdid - If I am able to recruit as many muscle fibers my body will allow all within 1 rep, why would I need 4 more?

Hopefully I can prove that less is more and that quality >> quantity.

Also guys, I'm thinking of testing my 1RMs around next weekend to see where they're really at. They are higher than the estimated ones but I don't know by how much. I know a month ago i hit 335x1 on squats and 250x1 on bench. I'm probably going to do day 1 maxes, rest, then day 2 maxes, rest, then back to the normal workout with the new 80%. I'm thinking Thursday and Saturday :) Then in the next 2-3 weeks after that I'll test them again.

I understand what you're saying... It's just very unconventional and i haven't really ever seen anything like it. Your numbers will prove that :)

good luck dude! hope you hit all your 1RMs.

and sorry to hear about your girlfriend being away. how long have you guys been dating for? At least you get to rekindle the intimacy with your hand again; should be fun

Thanks Jdid, I hope my numbers will prove it!

We've been dating for a year and a half. Bro, even though I'm only 20, she's the one.

I'm not looking forward to the rekindling either...I've been cheating on it with her..I just hope it takes me back :(

Day 9
6/4/11

Press
60s x 1

Chins
BW+50 x 1

Deadlift
295 x 1

Comments: Good workout. Stable and solid lifting in everything. Good sleep last night too :). I'm thinking about switching to normal pullups next time though. I think the problem with the neutral grip chins is that the parallel bars are too close together and puts too much stress where it shouldn't be at heavier weights. They're ~6-8 inches apart.

Day 10 - Max Day

Yeah I couldn't wait. Gym had like 5 people in it and was feeling pretty good today.

Squat
bar x many
135 x 1
185 x 1
225 x 1
275 x 1
315 x 1
335 x 1
345 x 1
Was halfway to putting 355 on but I figured that was either my max or very, very close to it. Still had to test 2 more exercises!

Bench
bar x many
95 x 5
135 x 1
185 x 1
205 x 1
225 x 1
235 x 1
245 x 1
Wasn't feeling bench as much as squats. 245 was pretty damn rough, I'd say 250 is still my max. Left arm was a little bit weaker/awkward also..

Row
bar x many
80 x 5
135 x 1
155 x 1
185 x 1
205 x 1
215 x 1
The 205 was solid but 215 was where my form dropped a bit.

Comments: There's only been 9 workouts so I can't say too much about the routine yet. The next time I do this max day is going to tell me a lot more. My goals for the next time I test my maxes are:
Squat
355 x 1
Bench
255 x 1
Row
215 x 1 (solid rep)

Also, my next max day is going to be either Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday..whenever I'm feeling up to it.

Anddd, I just realized that I wasn't calculating my body weight into the chins @80%!! I'm retarded lol.

Well my car died a few days ago. Luckily my roommate and I have the same class times and we carpool anyway, but that means that I have to workout only on those days or whenever I can get a ride to the school. Anyway, this means that my workout has to change a little bit since I'm only able to go MWF for sure until I get enough money to fix it. I'm still doing singles, but I've jumped the intensity up to 90% and will increase it gradually.

Day 11

Press

Pullups
BW x 2x1
BW+10
BW+25
BW+40

Deadlift

Day 12

Squat

Bench

Row

Comments: Good workouts. Btw I skipped maxing out on deads/press/pullups. Wasn't in the mood because of the car bullshit. Figured I'll just work up to them anyway. Since changing chins to pullups, my biceps feel tons better, no pain anymore.

Top Bottom