Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Beached Whale Chronicles

Fall 2009 Training
Mesocycle 16 - Week 3

Press Day

Beginning Thoughts:

This is today's workout.​

Workout:

Standing Unilateral Overhead Press:
66 lbs x 5 reps
70.4 lbs x 5 reps
70.4 lbs x 5 reps
74.8 lbs x 3 reps
79.2 lbs x 1 rep
57.2 lbs x 10 reps
I am pretty pleased with myself. Got all of these on video...

Chest Supported Rows:
180 lbs x 3 reps x 2 sets
190 lbs x 3 reps

Pull-ups:
BW x 6 reps
BW x 9 reps
BW x 10 reps
Total Reps = 25

High Cable Rows:
75 kgs x 10 reps x 3 sets

Renegade Rows:
18 kgs x 7 reps x 3 sets

Reverse Wrist Curls:
Some weight x 15 reps x 7 sets with 30 seconds rest in between

Videos:

Unilateral Shoulder Press and Chest Supported Rows:
IronScene | Powerlifting Videos

Overall Impression:

My diet has been spot on today.​

Fall 2009 Training
Mesocycle 16 - Week 3

Squat Day

Beginning Thoughts:

This is last night's workout. Kanishk and I decided to hit the gym together. We also realized that over the last 4 months Kanishk has gone from weighing 265 lbs to 235 lbs @ 5'7. Kudos to him.​

Workout:

Overhead Squats:
135 lbs x 3 reps
155 bs x 3 reps x 3 sets
Decent stuff. I almost lost the bar a couple of times but made quick recoveries.

Front Squats:
225 lbs x 7 reps
255 lbs x 2 reps x 2 sets
Several things to note here. For the past 3 weeks I have been training in the 225-275 lbs range for Front Squats when my max is 295. I've also managed to hit 295 just prior to this cycle and consistently for several weeks. However, this cannot be credited to my technique: I have none. I have been hitting these weights pure brute strength. And that is not good. Now, there are several things limiting me here: Firstly, I keeping squatting back when I should be squatting down. Secondly: the cross grip I use is bad because it gives me zero stability. The bar is always rolling off. SO, I am going to go back to the drawing board with this exercise, use MUCH lighter weights and work on pure technique over the next few weeks. I implemented this change after the workout on trying to use an olympic grip and I have a video of me doing that.

Back Squats:
295 lbs x 4 reps
295 lbs x 5 reps
315 lbs x 3 reps

Barbell Static Holds for Grip Work:
295 lbs x 10 seconds Over/Over Grip
205 lbs x 15 seconds x 3 sets Hook Grip

Front Squat Technique Work:
Practiced a whole bunch of short sets and reps using the clean grip. I had Kanishk's expert advice on all this which made the transition fairly easy. Next week onwards I am going to hit a weight between 155 and 185 and really get my form down 100%.

Zercher Squats:
185 lbs x 3 reps
205 lbs x 3 reps
225 lbs x 3 reps
255 lbs x 3 reps
295 lbs x 1 rep
I have never done this exercise and we only did it because Kanishk was hell bent on trying it out. I have no idea if my form was right or if the bar was at the right spot. If someone could point that out for me it would be swell :)

Videos:

Overhead Squats, Front Squats, Back Squats, Front Squat Technique Training and Zercher Squats:
IronScene | Powerlifting Videos

Overall Impression:

Diet has been spot on :)

nice man.. loved the OH Squats!

also, i noticed your back was rounding on your back squats. I am nowhere near your level, but i just thought i'd chime in

nice man.. loved the OH Squats!

also, i noticed your back was rounding on your back squats. I am nowhere near your level, but i just thought i'd chime in
No problem. It probably was rounding. I detest back squats and only do them coz of the #s I am putting up...The day my Front Squat exceeds my Back Squat is the last day I ever back squat lol...But, good form is good form and I'll work on arching my back more next week. Thanks for dropping by, mate!

I thought the squats were ok? Only thing I really noticed was the slight jump in the hips before the upper back went up so you were kind of doing a goodmorning. I'm guilty of it as well when squatting heavy. Either way though I doubt either will give you an injury. Good job :)

to me,on back squats it looked like he rounded his back on the way up- just curious because that happened to me my last workout on my heaviest set and it had never happened before when going heavy... looked like it most on the last rep of 190- if that is correct form on the way up though then my form was good last back squat..

sorry to invade here andalite lol

Top Bottom