Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Beached Whale Chronicles

holy shit. thats dedication right there. has he ever though of competing in raw PLing?
Nope. He's more intent on strongman lifting and possibly even bodybuilding. But he's only 18 years old so give him a couple of years and he'll figure out what to do. He is very heavy into strongman though.

Nope. He's more intent on strongman lifting and possibly even bodybuilding. But he's only 18 years old so give him a couple of years and he'll figure out what to do. He is very heavy into strongman though.

i wish i could get into strongman...

yo your friend can fucking squat... and nice Press btw.

also, quick question about the dynamic stretching. Is it okay to do the dynamic stretching right b4 i go to the gym at home. Today, it took a little longer to get to the gym cuz the roads were shit, but normally like 4-6 minutes before hand would that make a difference as opposed to right before? When i get to the gym, i am always so pumped to hit squats or deads or bench that i hate doing dynamic stretching. Also don't want some fag to go into the rack and do curls so i'll have to wait another 10 min like last week to squat lol.

Nice job andalite! One criticism though...if you are going to call it military press, you're feet should be together and your back should be kept perfectly straight when you're pressing. Those were more like overhead presses. Damn that was a nice squat for conner though!!!!

i wish i could get into strongman...

Strongman events are a lot of fun. I've had limited experience with those. Only done tire flips and farmers walks and stone carrying stuff...

yo your friend can fucking squat... and nice Press btw.

also, quick question about the dynamic stretching. Is it okay to do the dynamic stretching right b4 i go to the gym at home. Today, it took a little longer to get to the gym cuz the roads were shit, but normally like 4-6 minutes before hand would that make a difference as opposed to right before? When i get to the gym, i am always so pumped to hit squats or deads or bench that i hate doing dynamic stretching. Also don't want some fag to go into the rack and do curls so i'll have to wait another 10 min like last week to squat lol.

Do the mobility drills before you start working out. They should take you 10 minutes or so. I assume you rest 2-3 minutes between sets while working out so between the mobility drills and actually starting your lifts you should get some decent rest. Usually I just do mobility work then set-up the bar for my lift, do a warm-up set immediately and then take a break.

It doesn't really matter either way. You just need to get your mobility work done before and I don't think you should wait too long (like an hour or so) after your mobility drills before you begin your actual workout.

Nice job andalite! One criticism though...if you are going to call it military press, you're feet should be together and your back should be kept perfectly straight when you're pressing. Those were more like overhead presses. Damn that was a nice squat for conner though!!!!

To me a military press has always been a strict press. Feet being together, etc isn't really a concern of mine. It's like people calling a squat in which you grip the bar wide being different than a squat in which you grip the bar close to your shoulders. Completely irrelevant to the actual movement in terms of labeling it. To me, a press done in a strict fashion with a bar and executed while standing, is a military press. But then again, I use the term OHP and MP interchangeably because to me they've always been the same.

Conner is a beast!

Strongman events are a lot of fun. I've had limited experience with those. Only done tire flips and farmers walks and stone carrying stuff...

Do the mobility drills before you start working out. They should take you 10 minutes or so. I assume you rest 2-3 minutes between sets while working out so between the mobility drills and actually starting your lifts you should get some decent rest. Usually I just do mobility work then set-up the bar for my lift, do a warm-up set immediately and then take a break.

It doesn't really matter either way. You just need to get your mobility work done before and I don't think you should wait too long (like an hour or so) after your mobility drills before you begin your actual workout.

To me a military press has always been a strict press. Feet being together, etc isn't really a concern of mine. It's like people calling a squat in which you grip the bar wide being different than a squat in which you grip the bar close to your shoulders. Completely irrelevant to the actual movement in terms of labeling it. To me, a press done in a strict fashion with a bar and executed while standing, is a military press. But then again, I use the term OHP and MP interchangeably because to me they've always been the same.

Conner is a beast!

Yeah it's just when I think of strict presses I think of absolutely no movement back, your whole body being perfectly straight. You rocked back a decent amount during your presses. Sorry to nitpick though.:)

Yeah it's just when I think of strict presses I think of absolutely no movement back, your whole body being perfectly straight. You rocked back a decent amount during your presses. Sorry to nitpick though.:)
I understand. I try not to rock though but it's hard because I'm almost pressing my BW up there. 185 is like 97.3% of my Bodyweight and it's very hard to control.

I'll call it overhead presses....I don't have an issue with that. I was just saying you're nit-picking :D

Fall 2009 Training
Mesocycle 16 - Week 1

Squat Day

Beginning Thoughts:

I am going to be starting the 4 squat workout this Mesocycle. I dunno how long I will run it but I am going to gradually get into it. This session involved only 3 squat variations but come next week I will add in the 4th variant.​

Workout:

Overhead Squats:
135 lbs x 3 reps
145 lbs x 3 reps
155 lbs x 3 reps
175 lbs x FAIL
I am just getting back to doing this exercise. It wreaks havoc on my shoulders and whenever I start doing this exercise after a big layoff (in this case a month or two), I need to relearn it in terms of hand placement. As you can see in the video, my sets with 135 and 145 lbs were kinda shoddy but my form was spot on with 155. Thats because through trial and error I finally found the sweet spot for my grip on the bar come 155 lbs. Too bad I lost it and failed at 175 though.

Front Squats:
225 lbs x 5 reps
255 lbs x 3 reps
275 lbs x FAIL
275 lbs x 1, FAIL
I am in a dilemma about this exercise. I tried using the clean grip with wrist straps (coz I lack wrist flexibility) but it feels extremely unstable on my shoulders. With all my shoulder injuries, this grip makes me feel like I am ripping my shoulders out and I don't know how to hold the bar in place. If I use that gay ass cross grip, I end up making the bar roll forwards as what happened with 275 lbs. Also, the safety bars distract me for some reason because they make me want to touch them on every rep. I've spent so much time doing Anderson Front Squats that regular front squats baffle me at times!

Back Squats:
275 lbs x 5 reps
305 lbs x 3 reps
335 lbs x 1 rep

Farmers Walks:
110 lbs x 2 trips x 3 sets
120 lbs x 2 trips
Finally moved up to the heaviest dumbbells in my gym (which isn't saying much).

Pallof Press:
37.5 lbs x 12 reps
42.5 lbs x 12 reps
47.5 lbs x 12 reps

Videos:

Overhead Squats, Front Squats, Back Squats and Farmers Walks:
IronScene | Powerlifting Videos

Also, here is my boy Paul who doesn't believe in Pre workout nutrition who almost got killed doing Full Clean and Presses with 205 lbs:
YouTube - Paul Roa Full Clean and Press 205 blackout.wmv

Overall Impression:

Decent workout...Time to get back to studying. Tomorrow is going to be Pistol Squat Day.

I hope everyone had a fun weekend! Thanks for reading!​

Fall 2009 Training
Mesocycle 16 - Week 1

Pistol Squat Day

Beginning Thoughts:

This is last night's workout...​

Workout:

Pistol Squats:
7 + 4 = 11 reps
Decided to cut this short today. I wasn't feeling it and my legs were too sore for me to control my form properly.

Pull-ups:
(BW + 20 lbs x 2 reps x 5 minisets) x 3 sets
Total Reps = 30
Decided to do a cluster set for this today. I got all 3 sets on video...

Dumbbell Rows:
120 lbs x 4 reps
120 lbs x 2 reps x 3 sets
I absolutely hate it when my calluses hurt like this. It makes lifting VERY hard.

Unilateral Lat Pulldowns:
60 lbs x 8 reps x 3 sets

Lying Dragon Flags:
BW x 7 reps x 3 sets.

Videos:

Pistol Squats & Pull-ups:
IronScene | Powerlifting Videos

Overall Impression:

Nothing special to think about. I need my calluses to heal because they're beginning to really piss me off!​

callusses will harden totally and u wil be fine, mine never rip and i can grip anything without it hurting now i think rough and tough hands are one of the reasons my grip is decent aswell as forearm size...

Top Bottom