Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Beached Whale Chronicles

San Antonio, Texas.

ah yeah, probably would have seen that if i wasn't blind lol-- i was told to look at the one in CT, but i never did and i am probably going to Muhlenberg

sweet workouts though dude- look forward to seeing you progress

ah yeah, probably would have seen that if i wasn't blind lol-- i was told to look at the one in CT, but i never did and i am probably going to Muhlenberg

sweet workouts though dude- look forward to seeing you progress
The one in CT is Trinity College. The one in SA is Trinity University. TU is a liberal arts college and was #1 ranked in the southwest till last year.

I'm a senior right now and I'll be graduating come May '10. I am not looking forward to the real world :p

If you like my workout, read up GUStrength. You might learn something which could help you progress better. If you have any questions, hit me up. My training is very orderly and although it may look like I am screwing around, I do have a plan. I don't go into detail regarding my workouts but if you got absolutely any questions, hit me up.

Over December (once I go back home to Bombay, India - I am an international student at Trinity), I am going to be compiling a 4 part Core Training video which will be available for free on Ground Up Strength so keep an eye out on that.

Fall 2009 Training
Mesocycle 15 - Week 3

Squat Day

Beginning Thoughts:

I cannot believe the weekend is almost over. It literally flew by. Come next week I am going to be cramming for finals...Fucking terrible.

So, I had to skip yesterday's planned Press Day so I merged the two workouts together today.​

Workout:

Front Squats:
255 lbs x 2 reps
275 lbs x 2 reps x 3 sets
315 lbs x Choke
So...I did my 3 sets with 275 which much better control than last time (I'm pretty pleased with that) but when I took the 315, I just couldn't do it. The bar was up against my throat and it literally choked me. I just stood with the bar for like 15 seconds, got extremely light headed and dizzy, saw some sparks and thought I was about to faint and I racked the weight immediately because I started learning backward. This has never happened to me before. Really miserable feeling. I am just waiting to break the 315 barrier lol....Only a matter of time, though. I am sure of it.

Dumbbell Rows:
125 lbs x 3 reps x 3 sets
125 lbs x 6 reps <<-- used straps
I saw 125 lbs DB's and I just had to jump on this. Hahah...

High Cable Rows:
160 lbs x 10 reps x 2 sets
190 lbs x 5 reps
175 lbs x 8 reps
I used this new bar which I've never come across before and I wanted to experiment it with it for a bit. It was awesome.

Farmers Walks:
105 lbs x 1 trip x 6 sets
I was toasted after this. I got 2 clips of this in my video.

Videos:

Front Squats, Dumbbell Rows and Farmers Walks:
IronScene | Powerlifting Videos

Overall Impression:

My next workout will be on Monday night (unless something unexpected turns up). I need to focus more on diet.

I hope y'all had a happy thanksgiving. Good luck for the new week, everyone and thanks for reading! :)

Fall 2009 Training
Mesocycle 15 - Week 3

Pistol Squat Day

Beginning Thoughts:

I was not supposed to workout yesterday because I usually take 2 days off before Deadlifts. But, I decided to go in because this November has been terrible for me in terms of training frequency. I've been skipping my workouts like none other. So I figure with all the down time I can handle a wee bit more frequency for one week.​

Workout:

Pistol Squats:
6 + 6 + 9 = 21 reps
I really tried to focus on keeping my leg suspended (the leg I am not squatting on, ofcourse).

Pull-ups:
BW + 20 lbs x 3 reps
BW + 30 lbs x 3 reps
BW + 40 lbs x 3 reps
BW + 30 lbs x 3 reps
BW + 20 lbs x 3 reps
Total Reps = 15

Weird Ab Exercise:
BW x 4 reps x 3 sets

Side Plank Rows:
22.5 lbs x 30 seconds
27.5 lbs x 30 seconds
32.5 lbs x 30 seconds

Videos:

Pistol Squats, Pull-ups, Weird Ab Exercise and Side Plank Rows:

Overall Impression:

I hope everyone's having a good week so far. Thanks for reading!​

Fall 2009 Training
Mesocycle 15 - Week 4

Deadlift Day

Beginning Thoughts:

I have had a very relaxing week. Next week exams begin and all hell will boil over.

It's also bitterly cold here in San Antonio. It's been in the low 40s all week and I hate this weather. One of the reasons why I chose Trinity University was so I could enjoy the warm weather.​

Workout:

Deadlifts:
415 lbs x 1 rep (91%)
435 lbs x 1 rep (96%)
455 lbs x 1 rep (100%)
455 lbs x 1 rep (100%)
425 lbs x 1 rep (93%)
I got 1 more rep than last week with 455 and I think my form improved as well. I am looking forward to next week when I am supposed to do 9 singles again.

Weird Ab Exercise:
BW x 5 reps x 3 sets

Ab Roller:
BW x 10 reps x 3 sets

Videos:

Deadlifts and Core Training:

Overall Impression:

I hope everyone's having a good week! Thanks for reading.

The weather forecast says tomorrow is gonna be snow day. *shiver*​

Fall 2009 Training
Mesocycle 15 - Week 4

Press Day

Beginning Thoughts:

This is yesterday's workout.​

Workout:

Crazy Plate Bench Press:
185 lbs x 3 reps x 2 sets
205 lbs x 2 reps
210 lbs x 1 rep
215 lbs x 1 rep
185 lbs x 5 reps
My friend Paul managed to hit 300 on this. We had the 25 lbs plate suspended from the Blue bands.

Dumbbell Rows:
120 lbs x 4 reps x 2 sets
120 lbs x 6 reps x 2 sets

High Cable Rows:
160 lbs x 10 reps x 3 sets

Banded Shrugs:
Blue x 15 reps x 3 sets

Cable Wood Chops:
32.5 lbs x 12 reps
37.5 lbs x 12 reps
42.5 lbs x 12 reps

Videos:

Crazy Plate Bench Press:

My boy Paul hitting 300x1:

Overall Impression:

Gonna take today off and then hit Squats on Sunday and Pistols and Monday.. Exams start from next week so I need to put my nose to the grindstone now.​

what is the benefit from suspending the plates from bands?
Well...I hate bench pressing and this makes it fun for me lol...Nah, in all honesty, there's been a lot of discussion of this on IA's site, Westside and EliteFTS and the general consensus is that it improves stability. If you ever do them, you'll realize how much of a HUGE toll it takes on your shoulders and triceps.

Personally, since I really hate bench pressing, I found the exercise to be a refreshing change.

Hey I was just curious have you ever done front squats with clean grip? In your videos you use arms across the chest. I've been using that too but I just started using clean grip and it hurt my wrists. Just wondering what you're thoughts were on both styles. Also, why do you hate bench press? It looks like you're weakest lift in comparison. I think you need to arch your back a little more, as Paul had better bench form:) What does he bench regular flat vs his 300 "crazy" style?

Top Bottom