Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

BB vs DB lunges

anthrax

MVP
EF VIP
I have skipped this movement for years but recently re-introduced it because unilateral exercices are great for my knees

Anyway, I'm currently doing dumbell lunges and it's a good complement to squat and front squat

Is there a significant difference between dumbell lunges and barbell lunges?
Do you use straps with dumbell lunges? (my grip can't handle sets over 4 reps)?

i am with ya. i prefer db lunges only because i tend to lean forward with bb lunges, putting my back in a hunched position. with db's, i can keep my back a little straighter. i guess like u said one advantage would be the grip issue. with the bb, its not an issue, so i guess maybe get u some straps for them dbs

I actually was performing one legged squats for a while, man these kill. Used a smith machine because i was usually taxxed by this point, they were an accessory movement but have to do something to work your quads if your a powerlifter... at least once in a while.

Back to your thread, barbell vs. dumbell, taxxing on your shoulders, dependant upon shoulder stress, dependant upon your goals...

I know it's a big no no to say those words in succession on these threads but seriously, afte an ME day, who can balance a barbell on their back with one leg in front of them and one behind them draped over a bench or box?

I find that either one hurts my back, so I think I'm doing them wrong and leaning too far forward. Do you find that there's one easier then the other (for form)?

EnderJE said:
I find that either one hurts my back, so I think I'm doing them wrong and leaning too far forward. Do you find that there's one easier then the other (for form)?
I find that walking db lunges are easier for me to keep my form. It helps that my gym has lots of mirrors so I can watch myself so my form stays straight.

Top Bottom