Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

BB Rows (Madcow)

bignate73 said:
i've done them at 90 deg. its not easy, but its intense. I did them where I set the bar down each time between reps. i think i only got up to 135, i was cooked though after! I've heard them called Pendlay rows, ala Glenn Pendlay. He likes them and has his athletes use them.

i love those!
but i dotn do em often because i always thought it had to be wrong to stop at the floor
but it always seemed to hit my back the best
guess i just learned to keep listening to my body

thanks for the information. I'm going to try being 90 degrees and touching the floor each time next back workout.

It's actually beyond touching the floor. The weight is fully rested on the floor after each rep. Your arms should not be carrying any weight when that bar is down. It's hard at first, especially if someone doesn't have adequate core strength - flexibility can sometimes be an issue. The weights move up quickly though.

No - just return the bar normally. When it says to pulls explosively and accelerate - you don't jerk the weight. You pull it and keep maximum force on it to move it as fast as possible (like an oar through water - you don't slow your stroke just cause you get it moving).

i just did some the other day. i was worked!

i usually can row 185'ish for 6-8 reps, 205 for 5.

Pendlay rows? sheesh....i stuck with 135 and felt worked!!! I did sets of 10 but still, i felt way more worked! I'm going to rotate these with standard BB rows for a while and see how quickly i can get my 'from the floor' rows up. just as a side bet, I'll bet my DL goes up in the process.

funny how that whole erector stabilizer thing helps. chest supported what???
nevermore...

I'll have to give these a try. I've always done rows at 45 degrees and never quite felt the muscle working the way I wanted it to. Good info.

Madcow, where should you place your hands doing these type of rows? Should your pinkies touch the smooth rings on the Olympic bar causing us to row with a wide grip??

Top Bottom