Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

BARN DOOR BARK - Needsize? BigHO? Beuhler?

Yeah. It is all because i wont let myself go past 315 on deads or squats. I have horrible knees, so i dont like to grind them too much. I figure 315 for sets of 10 is still pushing it. Plus i love sets of 10. The only time i dont do sets of 10 is if im going heavy, which i usually do sets of 6 then.

ok, so what do you think is more benefitial....6 sets of 5 (30 reps) or 3 sets of 10, (30 reps), same? indiffierent?

I prefer 3 sets of 10.

However, it all depends on what you are doing.

I almost always hit 3 sets of 10, however, i do tend to mess with things a little. Sometimes i hit 3 sets of 10 at the same weight, while other times i just hit 3 sets of 10 reps increasing the weight each time. NOTE: I have gotten my most growth, size gains, and strength gains from doing the 3 sets of 10 at the same weight.

Prime example: shoulders...did them yesterday.
Yesterday i was suppose to do 3 sets of 10 reps at 225 on military (behind the head, actually top of crown). I ended up doing: 1 set for 10 reps, 2nd set for 12 reps, and the third set for 20 reps.
However, lately i have been doing 135 for 10 reps, 185 for 10 reps, 225 for 10 reps, and then going to failure at 275, usually 7 or 8 reps.

I have only been doing the sets of 10 thing since ive been in pittsburgh, almost 2 years now. I got lucky and picked it up from another big boy in the gym here at school.
When i was in undergrad i spent a lot of time going heavy doing sets of 3 reps as high as i could go. I usually got stronger, but eventually everything became stagnant. Now when i go heavy it is 6 reps for every set until i can no longer do 6 reps.

i beat you to the punch...did back on sunday do to the holiday. I wasnt out of bed for more than a half an hour and was doing deads. I was quite suprised that they actually helped me wake up. However, i have neglected deads for a couple of weaks so i was a puss and only went to 275 for 10 reps.
Did chest yesterday and now legs today...damn.

cwick0 said:
i beat you to the punch...did back on sunday do to the holiday. I wasnt out of bed for more than a half an hour and was doing deads. I was quite suprised that they actually helped me wake up. However, i have neglected deads for a couple of weaks so i was a puss and only went to 275 for 10 reps.
Did chest yesterday and now legs today...damn.
Beatchhh! I wish I would have done them this weekend...........not doing deads today...........I switch them up everyy other week.......did str8 leg deads with Hams on Sunday............trying to figure what t thross in the mix....

Maybe:

T-BAR ROWS
STR8 BAR ROWS
DBELL ROW
HYPERS
LAT PULL
PULLOVERS
GOOD AMS?

1. pullups (warm up, usually 3 sets of as many as i can get)
2. tbar rows
3. barbell rows-wide, palms facing or close, palms away?
4. lat pulls
5. hypers
ENOUGH, lol

cwick0 said:
1. pullups (warm up, usually 3 sets of as many as i can get)
2. tbar rows
3. barbell rows-wide, palms facing or close, palms away?
4. lat pulls
5. hypers
ENOUGH, lol

I like it chief, except I love the feel and results from dbell rows..........this routine uses dbell rows as the core (4 sets), while my other one centers are deads.........also, my rotator has been causing me fits for the past 6 months......only thing(s) it's preventing me from doing are flat barbell bench and chins..............

Top Bottom