Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

BARN DOOR BARK - Needsize? BigHO? Beuhler?

JKurz1

Banned
BARN DOOR BACK - Needsize? BigHO? Beuhler?

How about posting your back routines? I use one routine for lat width and another for thickness.....just a matter of swiping pulldwns and chins, for deads and t-bars.....probably 20-23 sets in total..........like today, I did deads sunday with legs and my hammys are so fing sore....I wont dead today, so it'll be lat pulls, close grip lat pulls, dbell rows, str8 rows, hypers and pullovers.....you?

Last edited:
This (or simple variations in the reps/sets) has made my back explode:

Deadlifts 5x5 or 5x3
Barbell rows 2-3x8
Pullups 2-3x8

Like it.....K.I.S.S..............

KEEP IT SIMPLE STUPID!

I wish I could do deads today, hams are just to fing sore....however, my back gets thrashed doing heavy dbell rows and lighter, but STRICT str8 bar rows....I'd bet this is the most abused movement....str8 bar rows.....too many people go wayyyy to heavy.....rounded backs and full body jerk = no-no............

I love training back so I think I go a little overboard but I belive that is why my back and traps are my best developed parts. Every back excersice is done with strict form.

Deadlifts 5x10,8,6,6,4@225,315,405,455,495

bentover rows 4x8 @ 275-315

straight bb rows 4x10@405 no jerking no shoulder movement all back

lat pulldowns 4x10@250

close grip reverse pulldowns superseted with pullovers 4x10 both at around 200lb

hammer isorow 4x8 @ 5 plats on each side not sure how much weight your actually pulling

I know its a lot of volume it took a while to work up to it but this is what I atribute my lat spread to. What I lack in genetics I make up for in synthetics,volume, and intensity.

NINE sets of deads???????? then another 24 sets? Yow....OT.....

I'll try today, minus the deads............just that would take me 1.5 hours.........

JKurz1 said:
NINE sets of deads???????? then another 24 sets? Yow....OT.....

I'll try today, minus the deads............just that would take me 1.5 hours.........

you talking about the ho's (lol) routine? i think the resp correspond to the weight on the right side lol 225x10 315x8 etc... whats the difference between bent over rows and straight bb rows??

BIGDHO said:
I love training back so I think I go a little overboard but I belive that is why my back and traps are my best developed parts. Every back excersice is done with strict form.

Deadlifts 5x10,8,6,6,4@225,315,405,455,495

bentover rows 4x8 @ 275-315

straight bb rows 4x10@405 no jerking no shoulder movement all back

lat pulldowns 4x10@250

close grip reverse pulldowns superseted with pullovers 4x10 both at around 200lb

hammer isorow 4x8 @ 5 plats on each side not sure how much weight your actually pulling

I know its a lot of volume it took a while to work up to it but this is what I atribute my lat spread to. What I lack in genetics I make up for in synthetics,volume, and intensity.

wnt2bBeast said:
you talking about the ho's (lol) routine? i think the resp correspond to the weight on the right side lol 225x10 315x8 etc... whats the difference between bent over rows and straight bb rows??

I seem to hit more of the middle part of my back on bent over rows and I can really flex and squeeze at the top of the rep. I dont go real heavy on the bentover row so it is more of a consentrated movement.

The diferance is on bentover rows you say in a bent over fixed position and bring the bar up to your chest.It hits a diferant part of your back though you also work your lower back since you are bent over. I use that movement as a bridge into the rest of my back workout and to catch my breath from deads.

I can get this workout done in about 1 hour and 20 min or so. Its not as bad as it looks.

Top Bottom