Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

barbell shrug behind the back

triptonabol

do you think doing this exercise at home is enough to develop my traps , I have weights and a olympic bar at home and I would like to develop my traps but I don't have much time to go to the gym.

the best thing to do at home for traps are cleans. nobody online ever talks about cleans cause the younger guys who dominate forums these days are all about isolation movements cause that is what they see on youtube and other stupid websites.

i have massive traps, yes i have good genes for them but i built them from cleans. not from isolation lifts or shrugs. in fact I NEVER shrug. not saying it is a bad exercise at all, but you should do cleans first..

The problem with shrugs is that they are an isolation movement. They don't train the muscle as effectively as big compound movements like the deadlift.

I have never seen someone with an impressive deadlift have small traps. Master the deadlift and your traps will start growing like weeds.

People don't realize that your traps actually run from your neck all the way half way down your back. They are actually a really big muscle. Shrugs only train the upper traps. You need to do things like deadlifts and t-bar rows to train the lower traps.

Top Bottom