Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

barball curls vs dumbell curls

econanalyst

which are better? do they work the same muscles?
I have been doing barbaell but they kill my outside foreram, and dumbell dont seem to. Does this mean they work different muscles?

Barbell curls and dumbbell curls both with your biceps for the most part. Theyre different exercises so obviously yes you will feel them differently. However, I would say that one isnt all that much better then the other. With barbell curls your arms and wrists are locked in place. Your biceps are supinated and easily contracted with this exercise. With dumbbell curls you have to supinate your wrists on your own, which many people prefer because your contraction can really be much more powerful in my opinion.
:D:D

Supination is required to get the most out of your biceps! Forget about the EZ bar!

Also throw out Hammer curls! YES i know hammers are a great overall arm developer, but save it for training forearms, when you combine it with reverse barbell and reverse cable curls!!! Instead use the oppertunityh to replice it with yet another supinaating exercise like concentration curls!

Splints.... if barbell curls are hard on your wrist Start with dumbell curls and do scott curls after that. Scotts force you to go somewhat lighter on the weight, but the intensity will be there and when you finally make it to the cheating barbell curls you biceps will be exhausted enough and wrist will be warmed up enough so that the lighter barbell curls will not hurt your wrist!

i rotate through all....i always stray back to my brbell curls then do some preachers at the end,but when that gets boring i do seated d/b curls with a different move..just me..
37.gif
talk is cheap

Top Bottom