Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Band work for lower back rehab

WarriorPL

High End Bro
Platinum
I was just wondering if there are any exercises that I could do at home and at the gym to work my lower back (which i injured last fall) with a light band? Thanks!

Hm, band work for the lower back..how about Band GM's? I always liked those. A green band should do the trick... just stand on one end of the loop, put the other around your neck and do your normal GMs :) thats the only think i can think of off the top of my head though bro

dunno anything about band work, so i can't comment. however, strengthening your hamstrings is good for lower back problems. i've had some low back problems in the past (slight bulge in a disc) and in physical therapy we did a lot of hamstring related work.

start laying face down and lifting one leg up and the opposite arm and hold them there for 5 seconds. then switch. i remember that as one of the exercises we were doing.

another one you can do is to get down on all 4, then with your palms face down, slide your butt back as far as you can and lower it to the ground. hold this position for 15 seconds at a time. it's a long slow deep strech. those are 2 of the exercises i remember doing, i can't remember any of the others (it's been a year). within a couple of weeks, my lower back pains were starting to go away. i was told to do these a minimum of 2x a day, 3 or 4x if possible, but it wasn't for me during the week.

so there's 2 things i remember that helped my lower back. strong hamstrings are important for the lower back, and the first exercise will help to strengthen them and strech them at the same time. strong abs are also essential, as they'll take the weight off of your lower back as well. dunno if these will help you or not, cause i don't know what your injury was, but they were helping me quite a bit. hope that helps!

Mike

Banded GM's very interesting.

I could use some of this too. I hurt my lwr back and now it's ready for some work, but I want to take it extra slow. I'll try these either today or tomorow with a mini and let you know it feels.

I started squating once a week and so far so good.

banded gm's, reverse hypers on a ball, hypers on a ball are good choices for AR.

where did you hurt your back? what area, what does it hurt to do, what were you doing. this could affect the type of things you need to do to rehab it.

bignate73 said:
banded gm's, reverse hypers on a ball, hypers on a ball are good choices for AR.

where did you hurt your back? what area, what does it hurt to do, what were you doing. this could affect the type of things you need to do to rehab it.

I hurt my lower back.. like 3 inches above the end of my ass crack, lol. I heard it squatting last fall, i can squat just fine now, but still can't deadlift. I've done hamstring stretches with the band, and when i work my right leg, i feel no pain in my lower back, just a good stretch, but when i work my left leg i feel pain, but its tolerable.

how is your glute flexibility? does your left side bother you to stretch your glutes? like this:
SeatedFloor.jpg

Top Bottom