Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

% of band weight on Speed day.

Grantsdu

On speed day I am doing about 50% of my max. About 140 pounds. I have 75 pounds of bands at the top. Is that enough or to much bands? Also, i'm hearing some about chains. Isn't a band and chains basically the same thing?

it's bout speed. if you can get 3reps in 2.5 - 3seconds your fine. if not it's too heavy, but i could be wrong

though bands & chains are both progressive resistence, there's a big difference in "feel" between bands & chains.

ok, how are you setting up your bands, are they mini bands.

if you dont have a power rack to bench in then get two 60+ lb dumbells and set them up on the floor under the bar at about where the bar would be if it was on your chest. then take one mini band per side and just choke it on the dumbell, dont double them up. use about 135 or so and do this for 3 weeks. then you can probably use 135 and 2 chains for 3 weeks, thne do about 150-160 straight for 3 weeks. just pay attention to your bar speed. if you speed is excellent with the choked bands, then double them and still use 135. if speed is good with the chains add 10 -15 pounds of bar weight. and if speed is good with straight weight go tp 165 or so. the most important thing is to use bar speed as a guide.

We don't have a power rack but we have built a bench and added a bar on both sides to hook our bands up too. We have always doubled our bands. I guess for the past 5 months and they are mini bands. The band tention may bo to high, we may need more free weight but so far it has seemed to have been working. Plus, the extra weight on the bands has to help my lockout( my weekpoint by far).

Top Bottom