Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Ban Glenn Pendlay!!! We FINALLY got our MOD!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Protobuilder

"The Shadow" stopped by last night . . . and his first order of business is threatening to ban Glenn Pendlay.

http://www.elitefitness.com/forum/showthread.php?t=487014

You know Glenn -- the most respected, most experienced poster on the training forum. You know, the guy who coaches olympic-level lifters and has been involved in strength sports for many years as both coach and competitor. You know, the guy we hope will critique our vids when we post 'em. You know, the guy who's comments are always positive, inspiring, and spot on. You know, the guy who knows more about olympic weightlifting than pretty much anybody posting online. But, yeah, maybe we should ban him b/c he's offering personal training now. Unbelievable.

How many mods have EVER offered helpful assistance in the training forum? How many have stopped by your journal and offered useful insight? But one stops by last night and does nothing but threaten to ban Glenn. Nicely done, The Shadow. Thanks for your support. Glenn is really a threat, you know. Banning him would be really helpful. Fact is, his offering on-line assistance is MORE helpful than any of the other CRAP that gets posted here daily. If he comes on here and lets us know he's got a book coming out, are you going to ban him? Because guess what? That book will probably be more helpful than anything else we get on here . . . and that's not b/c he's God, but b/c most of us are just feeling our way through this stuff, trying our best to learn w/ the resources at hand. And having support from, and access to, such a well-respected coach as Glenn is just an amazing resource. You should thank your lucky fucking stars that he's even posting here.

But, yeah, ban Glenn Pendlay. I mean, he doesn't have over 30,000 posts like you, The Shadow, so you know . . . Nice move. Glenn's a menace and really destroying EF. Unbelievable. I've got an idea: if you're a mod who doesn't do ANYTHING on the training forum, stay the fuck out. "Next time, try doing a little research, OK?" We're not talking about banning a spammer here. We're talking about banning a fucking top-notch national level coach with experience who's WILLING to offer positive, helpful comments FOR FREE. Banning Glenn would be an absolutely retarded move. And it's just disgusting that no mods EVER post anything useful here, and then one drops by and threatens to ban our key fucking resource. Get your head out of your ass.

Ban me for this if you want. But I challenge you to find ANYONE here who disagrees with me on this.

[/rant]

i saw that too. pretty weak actually. for the longest time there were others posting email addy's for online diet consultation, and others doing distance training. hell, i even see links to other boards. if there will be a fall back on "where do we draw the line?" or "board policy..." then time to do in people's signatures and profiles for anything fitness related that could generate revenue or take away from EF for everyone, not just because you happened to stumble upon a post.

Protobuilder said:
"The Shadow" stopped by last night . . . and his first order of business is threatening to ban Glenn Pendlay.

http://www.elitefitness.com/forum/showthread.php?t=487014

You know Glenn -- the most respected, most experienced poster on the training forum. You know, the guy who coaches olympic-level lifters and has been involved in strength sports for many years as both coach and competitor. You know, the guy we hope will critique our vids when we post 'em. You know, the guy who's comments are always positive, inspiring, and spot on. You know, the guy who knows more about olympic weightlifting than pretty much anybody posting online. But, yeah, maybe we should ban him b/c he's offering personal training now. Unbelievable.

How many mods have EVER offered helpful assistance in the training forum? How many have stopped by your journal and offered useful insight? But one stops by last night and does nothing but threaten to ban Glenn. Nicely done, The Shadow. Thanks for your support. Glenn is really a threat, you know. Banning him would be really helpful. Fact is, his offering on-line assistance is MORE helpful than any of the other CRAP that gets posted here daily. If he comes on here and lets us know he's got a book coming out, are you going to ban him? Because guess what? That book will probably be more helpful than anything else we get on here . . . and that's not b/c he's God, but b/c most of us are just feeling our way through this stuff, trying our best to learn w/ the resources at hand. And having support from, and access to, such a well-respected coach as Glenn is just an amazing resource. You should thank your lucky fucking stars that he's even posting here.

But, yeah, ban Glenn Pendlay. I mean, he doesn't have over 30,000 posts like you, The Shadow, so you know . . . Nice move. Glenn's a menace and really destroying EF. Unbelievable. I've got an idea: if you're a mod who doesn't do ANYTHING on the training forum, stay the fuck out. "Next time, try doing a little research, OK?" We're not talking about banning a spammer here. We're talking about banning a fucking top-notch national level coach with experience who's WILLING to offer positive, helpful comments FOR FREE. Banning Glenn would be an absolutely retarded move. And it's just disgusting that no mods EVER post anything useful here, and then one drops by and threatens to ban our key fucking resource. Get your head out of your ass.

Ban me for this if you want. But I challenge you to find ANYONE here who disagrees with me on this.

[/rant]
I thought it was kind of cool to see the a guy a whole exercise was named after posting on our boards, but maybe I am weird.

I said something similar in a PM to The Shadow last night (albeit somewhat more diplomatically ;) ).

Nate brings up a good point that I touched on in that PM about where on the continuum you draw the line, but as he said, as it currently stands, it would be inconsistent (and a huge detriment to the forum) to ban Glenn.

Unbelievable!!!

OK we have two problems here

1) Glenn broke the rules on advertising. They're not well publicized and it's very understandable that, having become a known and respected member here he'd have no qualms making such a post. More especially since earlier posts mentioning a course he was running received only approval and generous comments.

2) Threatening to ban him comes directly from one source: we have no active resident mod. We've been complaining as a body about this for months. I've no doubt that Shadow acted with the best intentions of everyone in mind (we really don't want spammers around) but, not being a regular here, he's reacted in a manner that a resident mod wouldn't. Banning Glenn would be to no-one's advantage and would be an incredible loss. Shadow's not to blame, the fact that we have no mod is the cause and this needs to be resolved.

There was even a guy around a few months back called 'Ross Loves Money" he was transparently not on the level and was tolerated for the longest time before getting any action taken. This situation is just shoddy.

Okay, Shadow's post was not phrased as it should have been. I've brought it back in line with policy.

That said, Proto, your reaction is also out of line. If you think a mod screwed up and needs to be told off, that's MY job.

digger said:
That said, Proto, your reaction is also out of line. If you think a mod screwed up and needs to be told off, that's MY job.

proto said what most of thought, and he spoke out when we didn't. i wouldn't fault him.

The channels of communication are not well known and there's a growing sense of frustration here.

Thanks, Digger, for the edit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom