Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

??: Balancing weight loss and muscle building

brad34

Jan 1, 2008: 33 yrs old, 6'4", 228lbs

Today I am 212lbs.

My goals are to lose my gut, add considerable muscle to my upperbody and tone/ strengthen my lower body.

Diet:
It has taken some time to develop a good diet and ween myself off bad foods, but I am doing good now. Went from Big Macs and fish filets to chicken, fish, vegetables, oatmeal and sushi. Dr. Pepper to Gatorade, to now only water (and milk of course). Really in 2 months I have drastically changed my diet (from worst possible, to very good).

Workout:
5 days a week (every other upper every other lower).
3 days lifting upper body and 15 min. cardio (bench press, curls, lat pulldown machine, pec fly machine, lat pushdown, cruches, stationary bike)

2 days lifting lower body and 30 min. cardio (leg extensions, squats, calves, cruches, stationary bike)

I feel I have a decent workout program and diet, continuely reading on here and many other places to improve it, continuous improvement.

I am definetly losing my gut and building some muscle.

I feel myself getting addicted/ obsessed with this all.

MY QUESTION IS: I want to make sure I have the right balance of building muscles and losing weight. I am worried I have cut to many calories that I am compromising muscle growth. Any advice/ tips etc. would be appreciated!!

Thanks!
Brad

I have gone through this cycle a few times since leaving college and, although finding time to workout, eating healthy is not as easy (work, life, etc). Cutting out fast food and soda is the first step. Next try to eliminate corn syrup from your diet. Keep the grams of protein 1.5 to 2 times your body weight and you should be okay.

Top Bottom