Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

balancing in a deep squat ??

ffknight84

ive noticed that when i power clean heavy and need to really drop down and catch the weight i have 0 balance. This also causes me to lean foward sometimes out of fear of falling back so i fall foward and drop the weight. I also get the same feeling of falling back when squatting, and thus have to lean foward. I get this even when performing body weight squats. I want to start going ATF but can't maintain proper form. I can usually go a few inches or so below parallel before this starts. What is my problem here.

when i first started squatting ATF i had this problem.

Just do allot of ATF squats with no weight, and slowly add weight. Focus on keeping your upper body perpendicular with the ground, and tighten your hips to keep your knees from moving. It will take some practice but you will figure it out

I dont know what your problem is but i had a problem like this.....but it was mental/visual.

i fixed it buy not looking down.
if you look down you will do down (

also it helped me to do my warm up sets.....sit at the bottom, look up, look down, look left, look right and make general observations of my position. Its weird but it helped me.

how is your flexability?

endpoint - what's.. flexibility???

j/k its pretty bad, and now that you mention it, it couldbe a problem, i started stretching, but always get worried about someone taking a machine from me at the gym, and it kinda faded out of my workouts, i def need to start again though.

i think an 80 year old man has better flexibility then me. I have to get a training partner to stretch with me and give me assistance with some hamstring stretches. thx for the help!!!

stretching doesn't have to be part of your workout. you could do it anytime if it's more convenient

ffknight84 said:
ive noticed that when i power clean heavy and need to really drop down and catch the weight i have 0 balance. This also causes me to lean foward sometimes out of fear of falling back so i fall foward and drop the weight. I also get the same feeling of falling back when squatting, and thus have to lean foward. I get this even when performing body weight squats. I want to start going ATF but can't maintain proper form. I can usually go a few inches or so below parallel before this starts. What is my problem here.

it's fear of falling backwards because the squat feels really weird when you first learn to do it.
Try using a spotter for a while so you know if anything happens, they will catch you.

Another thing that i used to do was not tense my abs enough. If your abs are loose in any way, when you come back up you will end up falling forward. You need to keep them rock hard to transfer the power uwrads from the legs.

And as another poster said, fix your gaze on a spot on the ceiling don't use the mirror. Stare at that spot the whole time. This really helps.

Top Bottom