Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Balancing cardio and strength training

hunhunlol

The more ive been training I find it harder to balance the two out. If I do more cardio my strength goes down. When I lift heavy my cardio goes down. How do I keep it balanced??

everyone here is going to ask you to state your goals 1st. “balance “ needs context.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The more ive been training I find it harder to balance the two out. If I do more cardio my strength goes down. When I lift heavy my cardio goes down. How do I keep it balanced??

Well that's something you need to figure out yourself.
First of all determine in which you want to focus more and prioritize that over the other.

Obviously doing too much each of those will at some point have a negative effect on the other so the key like you said yourself is to find the nice balance between the two.

You already seem to have some kind of idea of how much cardio your body can take before it starts affecting to your weight training so it shouldn't be that difficult of a task for you.

that is correct

that is why triathletes and ironman training is considered so brutal. you have to be really good at swim, bike, and run.. you can't suck at 1 or 2 of them and do well

i will tell you this though, if you want to juggle both you will wear down your body before you know it. as someone who is unique (the only mod who can say this) who has switched from powerlifting, to bodybuilding, to endurance, back to powerlifting, to being a yoga person, to being a vegan, etc etc. you have to pick ONE THING and focus on it to be great. you cannot juggle all of the above, you will only drive your body into the dirt.

anyone who says I'm wrong on the above... well that is because you are young. when you get older the body starts breaking down. that is why you see pro athletes with offseasons, they don't play their sport all year lol. you play 4-5 months, then take a break during the offseason.

that is also why you don't see pro athletes playing multiple sports at the pro level. you do that shit in high school and maybe college if you are lucky.. but in the pros. maybe a handful of guys have even done that like Deion Sanders and he didn't ever take a beating in the NFL because he avoided contact. Bo Jackson also played 2 sports, and his career was cut super short due to injury (surprise)

Short intense cardio won't impact strength training too much. Do HIIT instead of long duration steady state

Top Bottom