Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

balanced diet and cardio..simply simple

N

nclifter6feet6

ive been doing cardio everyday about 4-6 miles of running. and lift weights about 3 times a week. i eat about 2000-2500 calories a day. i take about a little less than 1 gram per pound of lean body mass and the rest of my food ill have like a bag of popcorn with butter 2 tunafish sandwiches with mayo and ketchup 2-3 cups of fiber one cereal with milk and an apple and couple peices of catfish. just eat balanced and do cardio and youll be ok. dont just do low fat and dont just do low carbs split it up. eat what you want, eat tasty foods. and youll get big and cut

my routine isnt strictly "low reps" anymore. i dont think there is much difference in muscular hypertrophy versus moderate reps like 6-8 as apposed to 2-3 low reps. i train each muscle 1 time a week, im hittin legs basically everyday though with running and the stairclimber

saturday ill do chest and back and sholders. in my opinion the key to a balanced phisique is do as many DIFFERENT excersises you can possibly think of for each bodypart each workout. for example for back ill do.....chinups, bent over barbell rows parellel to floor, deadlifts, rack deadlifts, cable rows, cleans, shurgs, wide grip up right rows to chest, narrow grip upright rows to chin,........you get the point, i do even more but i dont feel like boring the hell out of you, usually on saturdays i dont do any cardio because it takes me over 2 hours to complete my chest back and sholder day. i probably end up doing about 10-12 different sets for chest 12-14 sets for back, 12-14 sets for sholders. i do about 1-2 sets per excersise. my rep ranges are from 3-8, i start out heavy with low reps then work my way into lighter weights with high reps.

variety is the key if your going for body building helps keep a balanced body because your working every muscle from every angle to falure. but for strength athletes this is not good. i dont pay attention to my poundages, i go by feel and how i look

im starting to eat more of what a basic everyday person eats but with a lil less fat and more protien... here is what i had

1 cup of fiber one cereal with milk

3 fried cod fish fillets from captain d's with coleslaw and hushpuppies

1 small butterfinger granola bar

2 handfulls of doritos

1 big peice of catfish

1 cup of fiber one cereal with skim milk

1/2 of cucumber with chopped onions in with red wine vinager

1 big peice of catfish

1 bag of butter lovers popcorn

i try to get alot of fiber and good fat in my diet

Your routine is not so different then mine in what it concerns number of reps and series. Maybe for some people this is too much volume but i am growing with that kind of volume ( i am not sure if less volume would be better or not). On my back day i can go sometimes to 16 series ( i include some pullovers at the end) but workouts almost never exceed one hour, betwen 45 minutes and 1:10.
Why do you join chest, back and shoulders all in the same day? As far as i understand that keeps you 2 more days (if you train 3) for arms and legs.
As far as i understand you are not doing any squats? I am curious to know how people manage to run and workout legs, for my experience it is hard to run in the 2 days after leg day.
Any input on this?
About variety of exercices, let me ask you something: what variations you do for biceps workout? Last back day i did at the end some light series for biceps: barbell curl in scott machine with reverse grip and hammer curl with dumbells also in the scott machine. Do you do anything for brachialis?

About diet: what's your post workout? preworkout? You are not using Whey or dextrose as i understand...

Thanks for the input.

I MOST DEFINTITLY do SQUAAAAAAAAAAATS :) i do narrow stances wide stances and always going deep as possible below parallel. i also do 2 different type of leg press machines and hamstring curls and straight leg deadlifts. running combined with squats does wonders for leg development!!!!!!!!

i join chest sholders and back on one day on saturday. because saturday i have the most free time on my hands, i dont like splitting things up and having to go to the gym every damn day. i usually dont do cardio on this day eighter

your body will adapt to running everyday. if u do bench everyday your body will adapt. your legs will get used to it and your running times get faster and faster. right now i got my 4 miles in 26 minites 30 seconds. i think thats pretty good for my size:) i love the high i get after running very hard

some days i train the sholders on my arm day.

for biceps ill do straight bar curls. dumbell curls. hammer curls. reverse curls and the bicep curl machine.

well i really dont have some set eating plan for pre and post workout anymore. but if i do want something really tasty that day i usually eat it after my workout, like today i had a bunch of low fat icecream sandwiches after my workout.

i usually dont like to eat 1 and half prior to runnin or 2 hours prior, the less food the better before my cardio.

whey is good but not needed. i like milk

im looking to drop another 10-15 pounds of fat to be totally ripped hopefully by december. and i am also life time natural. maybe one day ill go to the darkside and take the juice because i would really like to put on 10-15 pounds of muscle on my sholders and hamstrings. but its hard to do that without gettin fat

nclifter6feet6,

after years of going "bodybuilder style dieting: low fat, low carb. high protein" I went to low to moderate fat, high carb and low to moderate protein. Now, I also don't sweat it if I miss a meal or whatever. Total calories are more important. Like u, I do a lot of cardio.

Results? I'm ripped. Pretty big. Still strong. Was I stronger and bigger on a typical bodybuilder diet and doing less cardio? Yes, but not by very much. I weigh between 156 and 159 lbs on any given day and can still easily squat 365 for 6, deadlift 315 for 6, do 1 arm db rows with the 145lbs. These weights are pretty normal weights for me...not PRs. If I wanted to set a PR, I would drop some cardio, take creatine and drop training to 3 days a week. In 2 weeks, I can set a PR, I believe.

but I like living lean, and eating pretty much like a normal person and not haing to take supplements.

Anyone who says diet is more important than training is misinformed. Training is first...diet, second. Of course for max results, they should be optimally combined for a synergistic effect.

nclifter6feet6,

Have you always done the low rep thing... I am thinking of trying it for about 2 months to see if i like the results... I heard it can really enhance the quality of existing muscle and prime you for more growth when/if you bump your reps up to 8 - 10... How much warming up/stretching do you do with this...

no i still dont do the low rep thing....that was more of a phase i went through. you really got to experiment with all kinds of training just dont take someones advice try different things. hell i used to do a fullbody workout 7 days a week. ive tried it all, its good to mix things up...but cardio should be a staple of any routine

Top Bottom