Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

bader85's 2012 Contest Transformation Log

bader85

And so it begins anew.

Stats:
Sex: Male
Height: 6'4"
Weight: Haven't weighed today, but I'm fluctuating between 255 and 260
BF% would be 20%ish.. sadly. I'll explain below.

Goals... well as you can see from my *cough* weight. I'm definitely wanting to trim up, but I still am looking to put on more muscle. I'm going to continue on a recomp and not go full cut. Even if I don't end up as low bodyfat as I'd like to be in the 12 weeks.. I don't want to lose any muscle. So in other terms.. I'm going to do a lean bulk. I want to be bigger and it just is going to take time with the weights. I had a weight in mind of 245 @ 10%. THat would be a goal of gaining about 10 pounds of muscle and losing 20 pounds of fat.

So a little past history from last years competition to now. Finished up the competition and continued rocking it to a little below 15% BF by July. I had put on another 5 if not 10 pounds of muscle getting my LBM to ~200. I'll post some pics of that. Up til September I kept pretty trim. Got married too! In vegas. As cheap as we could. A couple of family members were gracious enough to help fund our little honeymoon and we had a great time. I still hadn't found a job, we had to relocate several times last year. After September my health went to shit. Very stressed, no money, bad eating, I went up to about 245. By November my father-in-law was very nice to let us move in with him back in Idaho, and I was able to go to the gym again, and keep better track of diet and food intake.
At 245 I could barely fit in my 38 jeans.. and now at 260 I fit just fine in my 36's... except my thighs are hella tight. lol.

So since then, I've been eating very clean and working hard, and I need to get BF tested but I'm around 210 pounds LBM and 255-260. My arms are 17" flexed.. end of the comp last year they barely were 16" flexed. I wear a 50 long/tall dress suit. I was wearing a 46 tall end of the comp.. SO needless to say, I've grown. I hit the weights really hard.

I'm happy to announce that I FINALLY got a job. I was 'scouted' out at my gym two weeks ago by the owner of the entire franchise of gyms in the valley. He asked me if I was a professional football player, and if not, that I should work for him. ;) A week later I'm employed. It's a part time thing, and the pay isn't the greatest, but there is a lot of room for advancement and it's doing something I love. I live at the gym already, I might as well work there too. I'm also in the meantime working on building my own insurance business. Health, Life, Supplemental, Long-Term Care, Retirement Planning. That has lots of potential. Between the two, I think my finances will finally start turning toward the black again in a few years time. (if anyone wants to know how to make a great tax-free investment that grows average 7% yearly with no less than 1% ever, let me know)

I'm ready to have some FUN. I loved the motivation this created in my life last year, I loved the comraderie. We had a great time last year, I enjoyed all of my companions last year, and I hope they enjoyed me. I'm looking to build some fun friendships, continue learning the great sport of bodybuilding, and challenging myself beyond where I've ever imagined my physique to be.

As always, I'm 100% open to critiquing. I've only been weight lifting for a few years combined in my entire life.. and only the past two years has it been consistent. I'll get photos tonight. I'm going out of town from tomorrow til Monday, so not much will be updated during that time.

Today was my rest day, and I got a deep tissue massage, and it felt amazing. I did back yesterday.

I haven't set any exact macros for my diet yet. It will probably be 50/30/20 P/C/F on workout days, and P/F/C on rest days. I'll probably stay around 150g of carbs or less to start burning off some fat.

My workout splits look like this:
Day 1 - Chest and Bis
Day 2 - Back
Day 3 - Rest
Day 5 - Shoulders and Tris
Day 6 - Legs
Day 7 - Rest

I do fasted cardio every couple of mornings, and I'm going to start playing racquetball a couple times a week too.

HI Bader, what a year for you!! I remember following on last comp.. It's funny how everything goes crap for a while and then slowly but surely one by one things fall into place..
Sounds like everything is on the positve.. you made a huge difference in last years comp.. it's going to be good to watch you this year
Good luck

Hey Rachel! Hehe.. yeah.. You told me to never go back to the 'before'. I hate to say it, but I'm kind of close.. lol. A bit more muscular, and my abs are almost showing, so not nearly as fatty and soft as before.. but I'm pretty big! ;) Thanks for the encouragement.. I'm going all the way this year til I hit 10%.. I'm going to keep growing til I can't grow no more.

Ha ha ha, cool Bader, can't wait to see.. this is going to be a good comp..I'm excited and I'm on the sidelines. How's that???

Thanks GJ! I can't guarantee I'll be able to update every day.. my life has been pretty hectic. Running around with my head cutoff.. but I'll do my 100% as always. From all my learning experiences from last year, I feel this year will be more productive. I'm just happy to be part of it and have fun. I wish I could say I'm out for blood and want to get first place, but real life is more important and I get to put that in first priority. I love the motivation this creates though, so I know it will push me more.

Rachel, you can be my personal cheerleader anytime. ;) Give me a slap every now and then if I don't post.

As for AAS, I am brrroooke! No plans for cycles, or anything right now. I have some supps on hand.. green tea extract, krill oil, some GEAR, n2slin, and some others.. so when I figure out how to incorporate whatever I got, I'll post it up. I do have a couple of designer steroids available.. maybe I'll run one of those. Katanadrol, epi-strong, cyanostane.. I'll have to talk to a few peeps and see what they'd recommend.

Hey Bader, Congrats on the job sounds amazing!,
I'm just venturing into the gym instructor industry myself , it makes Sense as its something I'm really interested in.
Also good luck for the comp looking great!

WOW!
Hey bader so glad to see you in this. I was kinda thinking that you just might show up in here LOL.
Congrats on the job too bro, I know your gonna love it.
PM me!

Top Bottom