Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Back - Upper Chest - Symmetry

Liberator

Currently I have JUST STARTED doing this for chest:

WEEK 1

Flat Bench 3x6-10
Incline DB 2x6-10
Dips 3x10-15
Flat Flyes 2x12

WEEK 2

Incline Bench same as above
Flat DB "
Dips "
Incline Flyes "

The volume is fine, I am gaining very nicely from Week 1's workout but Week 2 does not seem to be having the same effect.

My upper chest gets sore but it does not seem to grow at the same rate as my lower. Also INCLINE BARBELL seems awkward to me no mater how much I focus on form, I am tall, 6ft 3.75. Flat Bench is perfect and I can do this with great form, and do not feel it in my shoulders, only in chest.

Are there any tips anyone can give me to get the best out of INCLINE BAR????? At the moment I keep shoulders peeled back, like trying to squeeze a golfbal between my shoulder blades, to isolate the chest. I have been going with a wide grip, will a narrower grip help more?

My back completely eclipses my upper chest from the side, any tips?

Should I switch and do 3 months of Incline Bar first in my workout, what?

Last edited:
As far as your grip, it should stay at about shoulder width, if you go to much closer you'll be bringing your tri's into the lift. As far as form, try to only bring your arms up to about a 45-degree angle, this will take most of you tri's out of the lift and stressing more on the pecs. As for size, when you do incline, I'd suggest just using dumb-bells, when you use these, turn the weights side-ways at the bottom of the lift, this allows you to go down further putting more stress on the pecs. pm me if you need any further advice.

Top Bottom