Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

back pumps and sit ups

cesar VII

is it normal to feel back pumps specially on the lower back area after doing sit up? I have doing 100 sit ups eod for two weeks and this last week that pain has gotten worst, I have a big belly and I was wondering if it has to do with the pain and I'm forcing too much my back when I go up and down, thank you guys.

I wouldn't be doing sit ups with a big belly. You will just build up the muscle and make your stomach look bigger. What you want to do is eat in a caloric deficit every day and exercise 1-2 hours per day. That is how to lose fat and get your stomach flat.

Are you allowing yourself to crash to the floor? I bet that's what is causing your problem. Sit ups are an abdominal exercise and shouldn't cause any lower back pain. Make sure you are in control of the movement both on the positive and negative portion of the movement.

If you are still suffering lower back pain, book an appointment with a chiropractor. There might be a vertebrae out of place in your lower back.

That is one of the major dangers of abs exercises. Everybody does them in hopes of losing fat in the midsection, even though it is the least effective thing to do for that. What many guys will forget about, is that you need to have a balance between the muscles in the lower back and the abs, and when you train your abs excessively (and I mean it - there is no need to train them that much), they ignore completely their lower back.

Also, there is a possibility of a poor form, which can also contribute to injuries. Therefore, if you are trying to lose fat, do other exercises, and leave the abs for some time. You will benefit much more from that, and perhaps the lower back will stop hurting you that bad.

Top Bottom