Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

back pain/pulled muscles

powerlifter450

I've been lifting for a few years anc occasionally run into back problems like I did yesterday.After doing an intence back workout complete with deadlifts my back was killin me.I returned to do shoulders the next day.I was reaching for a plate and something poped in my back.I'd pulled a muslce just from reaching(overextrending myself) and now will be unable to return to the gym for a few days.

I've run into similar problems in the past from doing heavy barbell shrugs.Are some of my stabelizers weak?has this happened to anyone else?I.E. common?

Thanks for the help

Hell yes! I 've done it before and it utterly sucks!! In fact, I reinjured the same area last night in the gym. I am extremely pissed about it. It feels like it's somewhere deep in my lower traps. I've also got a reoccuring injury in my lower back that likes to flare up if I don't squat with exactly perfect form.

I don't know what else to tell you bro except to just ride it out and do light lifting (or *eeek!* none at all) in the meantime. It will eventually heal but it will be easily reinjured for the rest of your life. Sobering thought, huh?

The prices we pay......

I take some solace from knowing that I'm not amole in this.I've found that NO lifting at all is always the best recourse for these kinds of injuries but I was hoping there was something that could be done as preventatives.Perhaps something to strengthen these areas.

Top Bottom