Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Back night last night...

C

Citruscide

Well, here was my routine last night...

Barbell rows (warm up bar, 135, 185)

225x 9, 255x7, 295x5, 315x3 (couldn't get the 4th one up)

Deadlifts (bar and 135 warmup reps)

225x8 (with rest in between each rep), 275x1, 295x1,315x1,335x1,365x1,385x1,405x1 (tied PR)

Lat Pull downs 1 set warmup, 2 sets with stack +45lb plate (4 reps)

---------------------------
I also did Biceps (don't know why, but somehow they got shuffled on the back day)

I tried a variation of Needsize's 5x5... I did 50lb dumbbells for 5 sets with reps of 6, 6, 5, 5, 5 -- alternating curls...

I then did 1 set of hammer curls with 55 for 18 reps (across body)
and then 2 sets of reverse curls with 100lbs for 20 reps...

I think it did the trick...

C-ditty :)

We are pretty close in strength when it comes to barbell rows.

My personal best is 7 reps with 295lbs.

Overall good routine, but the singles on deads drive me nuts!!!

I guess you were attempting a personal record.

Keep up the good work.

Yeah... I'm sure my strength will only continue to go up... the strength of my back is going up much more rapidly than any other part of my body...

I like the singles more... I just feel less likely to injure myself... the whole... as I you get more tired, your stablizer muscles wear down... I know i'd be alot easier to throw 315 on there and just do 3 sets of a bunch... but man... at the end I always feel like I'm going to PULL sometihng...

Well... heh heh heh... on 405 I felt like everything was going to fall apart!!! Knee popped, back expanded like it was going to blow up... :) Ahh well. :)

C-ditty

Citruscide said:
Barbell rows (warm up bar, 135, 185)

225x 9, 255x7, 295x5, 315x3 (couldn't get the 4th one up)

That is wicked awesome C! I can't even imagine doing that much weight. I think when i do it, i do like 135 for 7 or something. But don't you worry, i will be as strong as you one day.. Oh yes, i will...

-Fatty

Nice workout man! I love back day and so do you. When you are doing rows right now, what grip are you using?

Reverse curls are always death btw.

Strong fucker:D

michaelcoutts said:
how long do you rest between the single rep sets for deadlifts?

Hmm... I usually need time to change the weight, and then to catch my breath... on the higher weights... I need a little more time... sometimes, I feel ready to go right after I add the weight and then stretch my back...

I would say... probably no LESS than a minute to a minute and a half... and no more than 3 - 3.5 minutes...

C-ditty

PolishHammer1977 said:
Nice workout man! I love back day and so do you. When you are doing rows right now, what grip are you using?

Reverse curls are always death btw.

Strong fucker:D

On the rows... I use a palms down grip... I think that is what it is called... I used to use palms up... but since I injured my wrist I can't grip it that way...

Also, I know this will aggrevate people, but anything past 315 (that's ABOVE 315) I need straps for... my left wrist can't hold that weight for long at all (still the lateral ligament), I tried it with just ONE wrist wrap... but it is SUPER awkward... with one hand gripping and the other not as much... so I use on both for uniformity...

Yes, R.Curls rock. :)

C-ditty

good numbers Citrus, glad to hear you are doing so well on the deadlifts. I just started to do add bent rows to my routine, good stuff I might add.... keep it up.....

P.S. I am gonna try to catch up to you;)

Lord_Suston said:
good numbers Citrus, glad to hear you are doing so well on the deadlifts. I just started to do add bent rows to my routine, good stuff I might add.... keep it up.....

P.S. I am gonna try to catch up to you;)

Heheh... I think I'm behind you on the bench and DEFINATELY the incline bench (I can only do 135 for reps because of my shoulder --- but last year I couldn't even DO incline barbell! :))

Yeah, my barbell rows have been going up VERY good... I have gotten 330x1 a little while ago... but my form was all but deteriorated... I hope to be able to do 330 for 3-4 reps in a month or so... with the way things are going, it might happen! :)

C-ditty

Top Bottom