Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Back hurts AFTER DEADLIFTING....

Lililston

I'm doing 5 x 5 with my deadlifts right now. Here are the exercises I do:

DEADS w/trap bar 5x5
Good mornings 2x8
Sumo deads 2x8

My back doesn't hurt WHILE deadlifting but AFTER the sets(5x5)...
This makes it hard for me to do my next exercise Good mornings, :worried: I can't even up the weight...

Do you think it could be that my back has already been exhausted?...or... :coffee:

I think that's too much volume, I know it would be for me. Either do regular deads or sumo deads, but not both in one day.

I agree with forge. I wouldn't combine so many compound lifts like that. I would put deads on back day, sumo's on leg day, and good mornings on a leg day when I started with leg press or something that doesn't involve lower back. I just feel more comfortable and less at risk.

good mornings sumos and regular deads all in one day!?!? no wonder your back is hurting, mine would fucking fall apart

I don't think that trap bar deads work my back much at all...especially not my lower erectors.

Try going heavy on one, light on the other. One erector exercise per training session is good for me.

B True

Hey guys! :)

I only have a power rack w/high low pulleys, and a weight bench WITHOUT a leg curl/extension. What other exercises can I do to replace the good mornings and sumos? :worried:

Pull throughs good? if so, what else?... :worried:

Take care of that back bro. I am in recovery from a L4-L5 disk fusion from lifting. It ain't fun. It will be 3 months on the June 2 and I have started back to light workouts. It will probably never be the same.

rman said:
Take care of that back bro. I am in recovery from a L4-L5 disk fusion from lifting. It ain't fun. It will be 3 months on the June 2 and I have started back to light workouts. It will probably never be the same.

What did you do to cause an injury like that? Sounds serious, good luck bro.

rman said:

Did your doctor tell you that? There are people on this board, well at least they used to be, and on others have have broken their backs and are deadlifting 500+ and trap bar deadlifting 600+. You will be back stronger than before if you want it.

Change your back routine.

5x5 deads
2x10 lat pull downs
2x10 shrugs

It's more well rounded and doesn't hit the lower back too much. If you drop to a comfortable deadlift weight you can start incrementing it up again. Remember the point is not to lift the heaviest weight possible, but to build muscle.

Top Bottom