Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Back hurts AFTER DEADLIFTING....

Good call synpax! I totally didn't notice.

Deadlifts should not be your only back exercise!!!!

Do this:
Deadlifts 5x5
Pullups 2x8
Rows 2x8

Or even better yet, make rows your main 5x5 and deadlifts an auxiliary lift.

Forge said:
What did you do to cause an injury like that? Sounds serious, good luck bro.

My back was not straight and I picked up a 130lb part to put on a rack at work. It felt like my lower left side just crushed.

crew9 said:
Did your doctor tell you that? There are people on this board, well at least they used to be, and on others have have broken their backs and are deadlifting 500+ and trap bar deadlifting 600+. You will be back stronger than before if you want it.

No, the doctor told me that in about 6 months I should be healed. His PA said that I will have soarness for the rest of my life. I am going to try and strengthen it as best as I can when the time is right. I am a little guy....5 0r 6 hundred pounds would crush me. I'm 5'8" 140-145lbs. I was 120-125lbs when I picked up a part at work and broke my back.

Make sure you're doing ab work too. If you are just building up your lower back and not evening it out with ab work, you're screaming for a lower back injury.

I do ab work 2x a week^^

I think what I've been doing WAS too much volume... I just need to find other leg exercises I can do...

too much volume, common guys it's only 9 sets.

you're wrenching your lower back with two straight exercises. That is why your back is hurting you so bad. Is there really a need to do two kinds of deads on the same day?
Just throw in some rows, pullups, and/or lat pulls and you should notice a difference.

Ok, IMO that is too many sets and it's no wonder your back is sore. I would stick with the 5x5 but no more, add 2x8 of a rowing motion and 2x8 of a pullup/pulldown. I do stiff legged deads on leg day and regular deads on back day, four days apart, never on the same day.

Lililston said:
I'm doing 5 x 5 with my deadlifts right now. Here are the exercises I do:

DEADS w/trap bar 5x5
Good mornings 2x8
Sumo deads 2x8

My back doesn't hurt WHILE deadlifting but AFTER the sets(5x5)...
This makes it hard for me to do my next exercise Good mornings, :worried: I can't even up the weight...

Do you think it could be that my back has already been exhausted?...or... :coffee:

I would cycle deadlifts w/GMs. heres my back day--

deadlifts (sumo) 5x5
wide grip pull ups 3x15
db rows 3x8
T-bar rows 3x 6-8 (usally drop sets)

Top Bottom