Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

B.Starr 5x5 intermiatiate routine question

~Troy~

Today is my

Squat
Overhead press
Deadlift

Day

Instead of 4x5 on deads can i do something with less reps without damaging my CNS for thursdays workout of the 4x5, 1x3's...

Id like to do triples or less for deadlifts because ive always been told anything over 2 deads in a set is pointless..

~Troy~ said:
Id like to do triples or less for deadlifts because ive always been told anything over 2 deads in a set is pointless..

Before we change things in a fairly proven workout, maybe you can tell us upon who's authority this proclimation was made? I can tell you a lot of crap I've heard over the years, that doesn't mean it's a good idea to run a program factoring it all in - or even that any of it was right. We aren't talking 15 reps here or anything. I can tell you how to change it around, but on this reasoning I see zero purpose. A better method is to 'just do it' and prove to yourself that whoever told you that didn't really have a solid grasp of the fundementals.

Perfectly fine. In fact, they were holding out on you. Two reps is more than enough for every exercise. In fact, just do a deadlift with an underhand grip, into a curl, then toss it up, catch it with hands pronated, OHP it, then drop it onto the back of your neck, spin around three times and do a backflip. I swear to you, you will work every muscle in your body and get huge.

Anthrax Invasion said:
Perfectly fine. In fact, they were holding out on you. Two reps is more than enough for every exercise. In fact, just do a deadlift with an underhand grip, into a curl, then toss it up, catch it with hands pronated, OHP it, then drop it onto the back of your neck, spin around three times and do a backflip. I swear to you, you will work every muscle in your body and get huge.

You forgot to add the calf raise at the top of your OHP... That's the way I heard it anyway.

Last edited:
Oh, true, true. That'll ensure you get teh hyooge calfz0rz.

Top Bottom