Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Attn Trainers: I wanted your opinion about the middle man (gym)

TonyStark24

Hello all,

I've been certified since December and worked at a gym as a personal trainer for 4 months and although I loved working with the clients, I didn't care for working for the gym. They want you put in all the work on finding clients, memorizing a script to lure them in and then take 80% when you sign them up. You all wish there was a better way to cut out the middle man?

I have this vision of a personal trainers paradise. A gym that is designed for the personal trainer and only sells memberships to personal trainers in order for them to bring their clients (Does anything like this exist in the area you live in?).

If you work for a gym, they are probably taking 60-80% of the sales and if you are an independent, they gym is probably taking 30-40%. If a gym for PTs existed and charged $200 a month, even if you only made 1k for the month, you'd only be giving up 20%. If you're killing it and make 3k a month, that is less than 7%! What is your thoughts and comments on this??

I'll be interested to see if anybody responds that knows of a gym like this. I know of gyms in New York that are appointment only; but I don't know if you have to get a personal trainer for your appointment.

Hello all,

I've been certified since December and worked at a gym as a personal trainer for 4 months and although I loved working with the clients, I didn't care for working for the gym. They want you put in all the work on finding clients, memorizing a script to lure them in and then take 80% when you sign them up. You all wish there was a better way to cut out the middle man?

I have this vision of a personal trainers paradise. A gym that is designed for the personal trainer and only sells memberships to personal trainers in order for them to bring their clients (Does anything like this exist in the area you live in?).

If you work for a gym, they are probably taking 60-80% of the sales and if you are an independent, they gym is probably taking 30-40%. If a gym for PTs existed and charged $200 a month, even if you only made 1k for the month, you'd only be giving up 20%. If you're killing it and make 3k a month, that is less than 7%! What is your thoughts and comments on this??

I 100% hear what you are saying I have been certified as a personal trainer since 2005 and have worked in every kind of environment, studio, franchise gym, corporate gym, out of home, etc. For the reason you mentioned I specifically have created my company Life of a Fighter and our LOF Fitness Program where we create a network of gyms and trainers so that trainers can go in pay 20-30% to my company and we cover the gym fees, insurance and liability and you the trainer get access to our software and training systems. This way you only have to worry about showing up and doing your job. We even market and find clients for you while also providing clients online as well. If you are interested feel free to check out more at lifeofafighter.com and contact me.

In general though I have found UFC Gym franchises and Corporate facilities have a decent split of 50-50 which in the gym world is great. The best way honestly is to just reach out to privately owned gyms and see if they will play ball. Thats how I started and now we have built up a rep so that gyms come to us as well as trainers.

Good luck and keep learning!

Top Bottom