Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Attn Robboe

Valdez

dude I think you should back off a little on the "overtraining" bit. your info and advice is very sound and good but you fail to understand that the body is capable of so much stress. example: "SUN" asked if 3 sets of barbell shrugs and 3 sets of dumbell shrugs is too much or too little (first off people should decide for themselves what is too much or too little) so 6 sets of failure is too much volume for the traps? your traps, his traps? with your workout schedule or his? you see there are just too many variables to make some assumption about that.

I will be posting my new workout soon, so please check that out so you can get a glimpse into how I train myself. I have learned through 2 years of lifting what works best, and it continues to change. The body truly does adapt to stimulus and you must change that stimulus to make gains.

I'm not Robboe, so i shouldn't even be replying to this, but hell....it's 2:30am, i'm bored, and i happen to disagree with you.

"you fail to understand that the body is capable of so much stress."

there are two issues here, what the body is capable of, and what is optimal. i prefer to train to optimize my results, not just to see how far my body can go.

"SUN" asked if 3 sets of barbell shrugs and 3 sets of dumbell shrugs is too much or too little (first off people should decide for themselves what is too much or too little) so 6 sets of failure is too much volume for the traps?"

yes, a little redundant, don't you think? why do 6 sets of the same exercises? 2 sets of shrugs on back day, you're set.

"your traps, his traps?"

both of our traps.

"you see there are just too many variables to make some assumption about that."

such as?

Sorry, Robboe, had to do it... :)

2:30 wow you need to get some sleep dude ;)

variables: on what exercise day does he do traps?, how many days a week does he lift, how old is he?, does he have a physically demanding job?, how many years has he been lifting, is he on gear?, what is his body-type, does he respond better to low volume or high volume, what is his bodies ratio of fast twitch/slow twitch fiber? how many calories does he eat a day? etc.

you stated you train to optimize results, I would hope that everyone does which is exactly why people cannot simply label some workout they see posted on the internet as overtraining or not without knowing more information.

robboe and i go round and round. i can tell that he and i could discuss training for days. hehe. im a pers trainer and i can tell he is quite adept in exercise pyhs as well as biomiechanics. i welcome some good round robins. hehe. take care. alcohol has its effects on me. hehe. lets get it on. peace

I post suggestions. I don't force people to do what i say. It is up to people whether they take my advice.

And Cackerot, any time mate. You know your stuff.

Top Bottom