Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Athletic/powerlifting lifts...deads and pc's

ChinkNasty

I've been lifting weights since 7th grade (I'm 19 now) but have never really incorporated athletic/powerlifting lifts into my routine until recent. I've started to do deads and power cleans but I'm not sure where I should place them in my routine:

Mon. Chest
Tues. Bis/Tris
Wed. Shoulders
Thurs. Legs

I'm also not sure that this cycle is most effective. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Rock on,
CN

I've always done legs on day I...for the simple reason that nobody else does legs at the beginning of the week and the rack was always open (because they were all doing CHEST and CURLS.

Also...I did legs on the day when I was the most fresh...because squats are the most important.

B True

good point b fold...are you training back? personally i cannot do arms the day after chest b/c i do cg benches for tris and its too muc for my shoulders..
you could do this :
mon delts
tues legs
wed chest
thurs back
fri arms

ChinkNasty said:
I've been lifting weights since 7th grade (I'm 19 now) but have never really incorporated athletic/powerlifting lifts into my routine until recent. I've started to do deads and power cleans but I'm not sure where I should place them in my routine:

Mon. Chest
Tues. Bis/Tris
Wed. Shoulders
Thurs. Legs

I'm also not sure that this cycle is most effective. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Rock on,
CN

I agree with B fold in that having legs as one of the first workouts of the week would be beneficial.

Also, If I were you, I would throw all of my arm work on chest/back and shoulder day, and add another day in the week where you do deads and powercleans, alternating heavy deads/light cleans one week, and opposite the next.

Hypertrophy/Glycolytic Phase - 3 to 4 weeks
Strength Phase - 2-3 weeks
Plyometric (including cleans ) + a little strength maintanence phase - 2 weeks

Thats how I incorporate my cleans, into phases.

ChinkNasty said:

Mon. Chest
Tues. Bis/Tris
Wed. Shoulders
Thurs. Legs

Rock on,
CN

Powercleans on leg day, Deadlifts on Back day. I agree w/B- move leg day to MOnday :)

I'd suggest

Mon - Legs/shoulders (main = squats)

Wed - Chest/triceps (main = powercleans)

Fri - Back/Biceps (main = Deadlifts)

This is my current workout minus the powercleans, this will give you a GH (growth hormone) releasing exercise every workout session. Do the main exercises first, and like BFold said, legs on monday is a good choice because of the availability of the rack, unless someone decides to do curls in teh squat rack :mad: . Also, I wouldn't don't do any direct front deltoid work (like front raises) on monday because wednesday is chest and you run the risk of overtraining because of the front delts involovement in chest exercises.

MsBeverlyHills said:
chekc out this thread-

http://www.elitefitness.com/forum/showthread.php?t=296046&highlight=pulls

most lifters put PCs on DE lower day (before squats) or back day (as warm-up to deadlifts)... theyre an explosive/ power movemetn so hit them as your 1st lift.

aight, thanks...I think I'm going to put them on back day as a warm up to deads (as you mentioned). I tried doing that today and it felt pretty good so I'm going to stick with it.

CN

Top Bottom