Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Arnold Schwarzenegger workout

Bigreds

Arnold Schwarzenegger was one of the most genetically gifted bodybuilders in history, you've got to remember that his calves weren't genetically great. In fact, Arnold's calf girth was downright embarrassing.

So what strategy did the greatest bodybuilder of all time employ to build his calves? I'll let him tell you:

"I train them 30 to 45 minutes a day, six days a week." (1) NOTE HIS WORDS, SIX DAYS A WEEK !

Okay, so he trained them six days a week, but did he do anything else? According to his book, he also sought to stimulate his calves throughout the day. For those who wanted bigger calves, he said:

"When you are walking, make an effort to go all the way up on your toes... " (1)

Six days of training per week along with tricks to stimulate the calves throughout the day. That's a lot of frequency!

What do you guys think about this kind of training by were you hit the same muscle every few days and not just once a week ????

Arnold was known for exaggerating his workouts.

Witnesses have said for a long time that Arnold could barely do 6 pullups with bodyweight, not the high reps with weight hanging off him like he says.

Bigreds said:
Arnold Schwarzenegger was one of the most genetically gifted bodybuilders in history, you've got to remember that his calves weren't genetically great. In fact, Arnold's calf girth was downright embarrassing.

So what strategy did the greatest bodybuilder of all time employ to build his calves? I'll let him tell you:

"I train them 30 to 45 minutes a day, six days a week." (1) NOTE HIS WORDS, SIX DAYS A WEEK !

Okay, so he trained them six days a week, but did he do anything else? According to his book, he also sought to stimulate his calves throughout the day. For those who wanted bigger calves, he said:

"When you are walking, make an effort to go all the way up on your toes... " (1)

Six days of training per week along with tricks to stimulate the calves throughout the day. That's a lot of frequency!

What do you guys think about this kind of training by were you hit the same muscle every few days and not just once a week ????

Sometimes you have to put what he says in perspective. Since his calves were so terrible, he would do standing calf raises in-between sets, instead of resting. So if you do that, plus 5 minutes here and 5 mintes there of calf raises throughout the day, it adds up.

I've done both high volume training and HIT, and both work. 3 days on/1 off is a six day a week workout and is very effective. I just know for myself, if I'm not sweating and busting my ass,the workout was useless. Everyone is different and things may work for one guy, but may not work for the next guy. You have to know what works for you. PLus, the theory of overtraining changes when youre on tons of gear. Im sure you know the benefits.

arnold's workouts are all overtraining imo. six days a week is just stupid sorry. when would they recover on the lucky seven and rest like god. palease

Most of his stuff is probably blown a little out of proportion. And look at Arnold compared to the rest of the guys currently. Arnold is a lot smaller than current standards. For those that don't want to look like todays BB's. This just means that by working out smarter that you still don't have to lift as extreme as today's pro's. More than likely no matter how hard you try you won't look like them anyways.

AAP said:

Witnesses have said for a long time that Arnold could barely do 6 pullups with bodyweight, not the high reps with weight hanging off him like he says.

To train like Arnold CLAIMED to have trained would have you in the gym for hours at a time.

AAP said:

Common have you watched pumping iron the guys back was his best feature aside his arms. His back looked like he could pullup an easy 300lbs. I highly doubt that he could only do 6 pullups of his own body weight.

funny that a lot of the other bodybuilders from his era say different.

AAP said:
funny that a lot of the other bodybuilders from his era say different.

But alot of bodybuilders of his era didn't like him either, those ones would atleast not have anything good to say about him.

Top Bottom