Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Arm Workouts please help...

General-K

OK I have always had fairly large arms now about 18inch but for some reason they have stopped growing has anyone got some good advice on arm training If so K to ya

Have you been using the same workout for a lenght of time? If so, you need to shock your muscles (ever saw that muscle confusion principle). Simply try something different for a while (1 month or so)... 5x5, etc.

Key here is overload..

Of course, NOTHING will grow if the diet is not correct

pintoca said:
Have you been using the same workout for a lenght of time? If so, you need to shock your muscles (ever saw that muscle confusion principle). Simply try something different for a while (1 month or so)... 5x5, etc.

Key here is overload..

Of course, NOTHING will grow if the diet is not correct

Thanks Bro

but yeah I have been using different workouts for arms evry 2-3 weeks and my diet is pretty good but still them wont grow any more!!!

what can I try to really F**K them hard to make em grow

is anything else in your body growing? or just stopped growing altogether? maybe, just maybe, you reached your natural limit with regards to arms, read up on muscle fibers and what kind of weight/reps stress each muscle cell type.

other possibilty is overtraining...in your enthusiasm, are you allowing your arms to recover?

pintoca said:
is anything else in your body growing? or just stopped growing altogether? maybe, just maybe, you reached your natural limit with regards to arms, read up on muscle fibers and what kind of weight/reps stress each muscle cell type.

other possibilty is overtraining...in your enthusiasm, are you allowing your arms to recover?

Maybe I am overtraining them as they have not been growing I suppose I have been training them harder than normal to no avail so maybe if I gave them a rest to help them recover it will help thanks for you reply bro.

K to ya bro!

You definelty need to rest them. My arms are 16 inches i always make sure that the day after training my arms are sore. I try to get plenty of sleep.
you should stop analysing them for a few weeks then measure them again you'll probably be suprised at the gains.

Just a thought, have you raised the number of calories you eat since you've been growing? You will need more calories to grow with your arms at 18" than you did when they were say 16".

I'm sure you've used this method before but my favorite little extra to through in for arm work is drop sets. I won't use it on barbell curls and french press or nothin but any dbell or cable type move.

Funny/sad story, I've been doing 5 x 5 for a few months now and a PT/aspiring bodybuilder at my gym engaged me in conversation and eventually told me how he 'loved' arm day. So he asked me when I do them and I said I don't - well he looks at my arms and instead of the look of surprise/shock, he kind of had a look on his face like 'oh that explains it'. :worried:

It's all good though ;)

I dont have a set workout its just hardcore training..Beat the hell out of them till it hurts like hell.No set reps or sets.Work them hard but not so heavy you cant do good forum and feel that muscle working.Then leave them alone to heal.Never do the same exercise's,keep mixing it up every week,this keeps the muscle thinking.. or if you dont know alot of different ones just add at least one new one each time switching up.Try to keep back days 3 days apart from bic days and backarms the same from bench days.Being they use the same muscles in the workout...This seems to work for me but everyones different but i have gained 20lbs in 9 weeks so hardcore does work.
But arms are hard to when they start to reach a point.Also mix it up by staying heavy 3 weeks then 2 weeks lite and high reps.Heavy all the time will catch up with yea after awhile.....Just my two cents....GL

Top Bottom