Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Arm Question...

InTraining said:
Yeh..I was kind of forced to do this I have\had some sort of inpinged nerve in my left forearm...almost like an electric contraction when I worked biceps....
When I stopped training them for a week they grew:) Pretty weird

Nice!! Would be nice to take a break and get some growth! haha Strangely enough, when I stopped measuring them for a little while they grew. I was at 17 3/4's and 17 7/8's for a long time on my arms. Then when I went back to measure my left arm hit 18" for the first time. I havent measured them since! haha Cuz it fluctuates and fucks with my head too much. I was measuring them nightly at one point. Im going to try measuring them again in a few months maybe.

I forgot where i read it but you need to add 10lbs to your FRAME for a 1 inch increase in arm size..Obviously this is for the average person and not those with genetically big arms..I have to agree with Chink on this one..you say you do squats, good keep building that and your arms will grow!!!!

wnt2bBeast said:
I forgot where i read it but you need to add 10lbs to your FRAME for a 1 inch increase in arm size..Obviously this is for the average person and not those with genetically big arms..I have to agree with Chink on this one..you say you do squats, good keep building that and your arms will grow!!!!

Ive read this many times before also. I cant say its proven true for me though. I dont have genetically large arms by any means either. haha They started at around 10" and took LONG to get where theyre at now. Ive been at the same bodyweights at different times in my training, looked to be the same BF% and at some points my arms were 1.5-2" bigger at the lighter bodyweight then when I weighed more. The heavy compound lifts definately dont hurt though! I still make sure to always train arms seperately.

I understand you, it sucks !

Same phenomenon here : I can work my arms directly or indirectly, often or not, heavy or not and the result is the same : my arms don't get any bigger

Life is so unfair ;)

My arms stayed the same size for almost the entire 4 years i spent in undergrad. I got to grad school and met a guy who changed my arm routine. In the past two years i have added a little more than 2" to my arms.

TRICEPS TRICEPS TRICEPS.

I will offer a couple examples of the workout i used

tris-
close grip - sets of 10 till i cant go any higher (stop at 315 for 7-8 reps)
weighted seated dips
overhead extensions- 3sets + warm-up
cable rope

bis-left bi is really sore for myself and my partner so we are going to be careful today
standing db curls
hammers
preachers

takes about 40-45 minutes for tris and about 20-25 for bis.

Top Bottom