Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Arm Question...

wpolo05

I have genetically small arms compared to everything else. Im curious to know how often arms can be trained (i do them together) in your opinions? Right now Im doing every 4 days but I am thinking of changing that to 3. Any thoughts?

bro I train arms once a week (directly that is) and I have 17 3/4 inch arms cold...all my arm size I will credit to all the other compound movements that I do...squats, deadlifts, bench...trust me, if you get to 315 on squats and start to rep that you will have big arms without a question - I've never seen someone with a big squat or big deadlift with tiny, underdeveloped arms...

squat often and squat heavy

peace,
CN

Mr. Chinknasty,

I do squat-bench-deadlift heavy and intense and often enough. Like I said, I have genetically small arms. Thank you for answering my question but your remarks that squating will solve my problem are irrelevant and false. If you have any more suggestions as far as how to help a genetically laggard body part I would like to hear them.

Cheers

my bad bro - I was just tryin' to say that maybe you could try squatting/deadlifting more...didn't know you were already doin em

peace,
CN

Nah that my bad for not stating more. I know whenever there is an arm question usually there is a high newbie chance...

Anyways, anyone else want to comment on how often they can lift arms without overtraining. I try to isolate back and chest as much as possible during back/chest day..

I train arms like this....
Chest/Bi's (maybe 2 exercises 4 sets each)
Back/Tri's (2-3 exercises 4 sets each)

Then I will try to hit them hard by themselves aboout 4 days later...or three days after back/tri day.

Try it out

Welcome to the boards brother!! Ive done both once a week arm training and twice a week. I didnt see any noticeable difference between the two methods. Now with all the rowing and heavy pressing my arms get hit really hard without direct work. My biceps are always sore after back day. My triceps even get slightly sore after inclines or shoulder work. Also I bench twice a week. Once for inclines and speed work and another day for flats. You might want to experiment with twice a week and see if that works for you, or just up the intensity to the maximum and make sure your getting enough sets in as well. (if your not already training this way) Id split the routine so that arms are atleast 3 days apart. Hope that helps

I just changed my split around I am really liking it...

On my chest\shoulder day I will do cable pushdowns and those girly types of exercises...

then I have a seperate day for tris where I only do like 5 sets, right now 3 sets of skullcrushers and 2 sets of elbows-out extensions on the incline bench

Also I just do biceps with back, feel they get enough work anyway

Working well so far

InTraining said:
I just changed my split around I am really liking it...

On my chest\shoulder day I will do cable pushdowns and those girly types of exercises...

then I have a seperate day for tris where I only do like 5 sets, right now 3 sets of skullcrushers and 2 sets of elbows-out extensions on the incline bench

Also I just do biceps with back, feel they get enough work anyway

Working well so far

I also like to hit biceps with back on occasion. Theres times when I did that every week since the biceps get hit so hard on back day anyway. Then Id still do a seperate day for arms. Worked well

WalkingBeast said:
I also like to hit biceps with back on occasion. Theres times when I did that every week since the biceps get hit so hard on back day anyway. Then Id still do a seperate day for arms. Worked well

Yeh..I was kind of forced to do this I have\had some sort of inpinged nerve in my left forearm...almost like an electric contraction when I worked biceps....
When I stopped training them for a week they grew:) Pretty weird

Top Bottom