Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Arm measurement (cold): flexed vs. relaxed (hanging straight)

jwwpua

I'm just curious what the difference is between your flexed arm measurement and your relaxed arm (hanging at your side). Measure both at the biggest point!

I'm 5'-8", 157 lbs, 10-11% bf

Relaxed: 13.5"
Flexed: 15"

1.5" difference. I'm just wondering if it's directly related to bodyfat or if it's just genetic (muscle shape?).

Anyways, just include what I did, thanks.

my flexed is about 15, but unflexed about 12...I do not know my bf, but I think the difference comes from your BF

Im the same way. The peak seems to add a large difference. I was at 16" relaxed and 18 3/4" flexed. Nearly a 3 inch difference. Add a pump to that and arms can increase 1/4 inch. I didnt really take many pumped measurements when I was at that size. The largest Ive measured my arms was 19" with a pump. I used to get an inch just from the pump. For some reason as my arms got larger the pump seemed to add less and less to the overall size. Most of the time I just measure them flexed without the pump. The only time I take a relaxed measurement is when I chart my measurements once a year. Not sure what exactly causes the difference. Probabally has something to do with the peak since it seems lifters without the peak are often the same flexed as relaxed or not much difference. Id be more interested to see what causes the flexed and pumped measuremement to be slightly larger/much larger then an arm thats just flexed. What causes some people to get a huge increase with a pump and others a smaller increase? I used to get over an inch from a pump, but eventually it was only 1/4 inch. Makes me wonder if this is a density increase, but I can only speculate.

I go from just over 15" to about 17.5" - not bad for an old guy (42 yrs). Since I started working out again, the difference for me has basically been about 2 inches (without the pump). There have been times (like on NO2) that I got nearly an inch with the pump, but that's not the norm.
Good Lord, Walking Beast! I wished I had the stats you show. How do you like doing the deadlifts? Do you feel that they really incrase your overall strength?

cold hanging.. I am just under 14
flexed.. I am just over 15 1/2
I have a long tricep and a short biecep...
when pumped.. my arms will be from 3/4 of an inch to 1 inch. bigger when flexed..
compared to flexed without pump..

TheOak84 said:
i thought cold meant relaxed...

anyway, cold, my right is 16 1/16, left is 15 5/8

pumped no idea...
I've always thought cold just meant the opposite of pumped or recently worked. Anyone know what the real meaning is? :)

Top Bottom