Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Ark94's Workout Log

ark94

Monday, February 1st, 2010
Workout B [Squats, Military Presses, Barbell Row]

Squat – Plan on squatting 80lb if I have good form. Trying to mainly work on my form so I will see how it goes.

Military Presses – 60lb I plan on pressing. Practicing form still at a decent wait I hope, added 2.5lb on each side from previous workout to total a 5lb addition.

Bent Barbell Row – Not sure what im going to do. I will start with the bar, and work up if I feel I have good form. Maybe 10lb on each side.

Working out with a buddy today first time in a LONGGGG time, he wants to follow my routine. I have to teach him somehow, so I need some extra criticism from you guys.

Alright, so my workout was done. First time I went with a buddy, he doesn’t know anything and wants to do the same workout as me. . . so I guess im teaching him what I know. Which isn’t a lot, but later on hopefully I can be of more help to him.

Squats – I thought I did fairly well, my working set was 95lb. My back rounded sometimes, I tried for the most part to keep it arched and my chest out. Also, HUGEEE question, my wrists never stay the way I want them to, they ALWAYS like flop back. . .i have a feeling that will fucking kill me later on, could possibly break my wrists with more weight?
Military – working set was 65lb. I recorded my lifts today, found out my arms are too wide, and I wasn’t extended a lot. So I tried fixing that. Are my wrists suppose to be bent back when my elbows are infrnot of me? Or everything in line, like no bending of the wrist?

Bent Row – pretty terrible. Working set was 75lb and my form sucked. Back was not straight, always arched and I thought it felt a bit awkward...

Tomorrow (Wednesday) is Workout A of Rippetoe's 3x5

Squat - 80lb or 95lb (Plan on working on my GM'ing problem, and form)

Bench - 130lb (5lb up from last workout) Hopefully i can bench this

Deadlift - 120lb (up 5lb from last workout) Working on form here, apparently it helps with squat form

After i do some situps, with a bench press bar on my chest, with 75lb weight in total and do a situp (decline bench).

Then i do my situp or crunch with just a bench press plate, normally 25lb.

Finish off with Chinups on wednesday.

Not sure if this is a workout log, but i will be posting on this every day or every M,W,F when i workout just to keep track.
Going to be asking questions in here, etc and recording my weights done and stuff like that i guess.

I guess my first question i will start off with. I am more or less cutting, but trying to preserve my muscle as much as possible, so i don't lose my muscle in the process of cutting BF.
So, i have been talking to Joe-D and he has told me to do my 8-10k (40minutes) jog in the morning, since your metabolism is in a fasted state. I have school everyday, and it is hard for me to wake up at 5:00a.m or 6:00 a.m whatever time and run then come home and get ready. Plus its winter right now. So, i would like to know is it possible to run on the treadmill in the gym for 40minutes after my workout? or Do it on an off day, jog for 40minutes then do some other cardio? Any input on this would help greatly

40 minutes after a workout is fine..... however, i think the best cardio you can do is HIIT (high intensity interval training) and Barbell Complexes if you're "cutting". I still think you should bulk, but it's w/e you want. I am kind of in the same boat where i don't want to gain too much weight, but i am not going to try to lose or gain- just keep my diet in check especially on lifting days.

Bent row your form looked good to me. You're good to add weight :)

Squats don't add weight. Check out what i told you about them and give that a shot.

OHP I think you're ok

PS- keep it up man. The more you do, the better your form will be and the more weight you will be able to use. I am sure you've heard this more than a few times, but don't add weight until you get the form down (especially on squats). You're more than okay with rows so add weight, but squats i would actually drop to 85 pounds to really get it right. Sit back with your ass before you go down with your knees. I was watching a guy do squats in the gym yesterday and that was his problem and his back was rounding like hell.

I guess my first question i will start off with. I am more or less cutting, but trying to preserve my muscle as much as possible, so i don't lose my muscle in the process of cutting BF.
So, i have been talking to Joe-D and he has told me to do my 8-10k (40minutes) jog in the morning, since your metabolism is in a fasted state. I have school everyday, and it is hard for me to wake up at 5:00a.m or 6:00 a.m whatever time and run then come home and get ready. Plus its winter right now. So, i would like to know is it possible to run on the treadmill in the gym for 40minutes after my workout? or Do it on an off day, jog for 40minutes then do some other cardio? Any input on this would help greatly

Ahh so wait you can run a 6:30 mile pace for 10k? That's pretty fast if you are really running a 10k in 40 minutes and call it a "jog" lol. On the running thing you could do it after your weight workouts if you want, that is what I do. But since you are really trying to gain mass I would do it on your off days, otherwise it will impede your mass gain progress. Jogging for 40 minutes is probably one of the most catabolic things you can do.

I give up

running isn't always counterproductive, especially on off days. It makes you hungrier, which allows you to consume more food, and i've heard that HIIT and complexes are actually beneficial to weightlifting, just not jogging long distances.

running isn't always counterproductive, especially on off days. It makes you hungrier, which allows you to consume more food, and i've heard that HIIT and complexes are actually beneficial to weightlifting, just not jogging long distances.

Honestly for a healthy life running is one of the best thing you can do, you just have to decide what you want in life;)

Well, today was Workout A of Rippetoes 3x5. I am very happy i think.

My squats - did 85lb working set, my form i felt was pretty good. I could tell when i was fucking up, but i could feel it somewhat more in my chest, and ab area after the squats more than the legs. It was also hard to do ATG when my chest was up and i wasn't doing GM's.

Bench - Did 130lb =D Pretty great i thought, i got through the first 2 sets, last rep on my 2nd set struggled a bit and needed a tad bit of assistance. Then on my 3rd set i did 4 of them, then struggled again on the last one. But i thought i did very well For bench press.

Deadlift - 120lb Felt awesome. I don't think my form is all that great, but i am working on it. Really could feel it, and doing deadlifts is actually pretty damn exhausting with a heavy weight haha

After my workout had 2 teaspoons (i think 5g) of creapure monohydrate creatine in water. and i had 2 before my workout in water. tastes like fucking balls, but its not that bad.

Tomorrow, plan on coming home around 4:15, and jogging 8-10k (or w/e i get in 40minutes).

Well, today was Workout A of Rippetoes 3x5. I am very happy i think.

My squats - did 85lb working set, my form i felt was pretty good. I could tell when i was fucking up, but i could feel it somewhat more in my chest, and ab area after the squats more than the legs. It was also hard to do ATG when my chest was up and i wasn't doing GM's.

Bench - Did 130lb =D Pretty great i thought, i got through the first 2 sets, last rep on my 2nd set struggled a bit and needed a tad bit of assistance. Then on my 3rd set i did 4 of them, then struggled again on the last one. But i thought i did very well For bench press.

Deadlift - 120lb Felt awesome. I don't think my form is all that great, but i am working on it. Really could feel it, and doing deadlifts is actually pretty damn exhausting with a heavy weight haha

After my workout had 2 teaspoons (i think 5g) of creapure monohydrate creatine in water. and i had 2 before my workout in water. tastes like fucking balls, but its not that bad.

Tomorrow, plan on coming home around 4:15, and jogging 8-10k (or w/e i get in 40minutes).

Have the creatine in juice or something with sugar rather than water, it will help it get into you better.

drink whey post workout, creatine pre workout.

Also, if you're going to run don't waste your time with long cardio. Just do HIIT for 15-20 minutes imo.

Top Bottom