Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Ark94's Workout Log

One last question. I am not sure if you can tell from any of my videos before, but i have a decent amount of flexibility. However, im not really loose at all, like im more tensed up and tight muscled, so when i squat there is a certain amount of tightness in my body. Any sort of stretches i can do to get rid of that?

you obviously dont have flexibility if your all tight. For the squat just stretch out your hams, hips, glutes, quads and calves after each workout

dynamic stretching baby!!!!!!!!!! this is a repost of Andalite's post in another thread

You need to do mobility drills as a warm-up before each and every one of your workouts. Check out these videos to learn the drills. Select 8-10 of them every workout day and do them before you begin lifting.

Dynamic Mobility 1: Ground Up Strength: Dynamic Mobility Exercises

Dynamic Mobility 2: Ground Up Strength: Dynamic Mobility Exercises 2

Dynamic Mobility 3: Ground Up Strength: Dynamic Mobiltiy Exercises 3

Dynamic Mobility 4: Ground Up Strength: Dynamic Mobility Exercises 4

Ankle and Thoracic Mobility: Ground Up Strength: Ankle and Thoracic Mobility

Here is something I'd suggest for you:

Bird Dog for 12 reps: YouTube - Back Exercise - Kneeling Swimmer's Stretch
Bridges for 12 reps: YouTube - Bridge and single leg hip lift
Ankle Mobility for 10 reps: YouTube - Ankle Mobility Routine 1 of 2
Squat to Stand for 10 reps: YouTube - Squat to stand
Cradle Walk for 10 reps per leg: YouTube - Singapore Personal Trainer Exercise Videos, Cradle Walk.
Pull Back Butt Kick for 10 reps per leg: YouTube - Singapore Personal Trainer Fitness Videos, Pull Back Butt Ki
High Knee Pulls for 10 reps per leg: YouTube - High Knee Pulls

Alright Thanks J. I tried some today felt pretty good.

So here is the scoop about my Workout A today.

I always do 5minutes chill speed on the elliptical just to get all my muscles warm. nothing intense just relaxed.

Went onto squat, did 17.5lb on each side for a total of 80lb squat...
When i was squatting in the working set, it felt great, i was getting some form down(i think, a video says different haha). So i think i am making progress.
One question i have, i am not sure if i have fucked now but my leg, underneath my knee, like underneath my calve muscle. Sort of along the left side of your left leg, a bit under your knee and calve muscle, i get fucking pain randomly. And ONLY when i squat, its actually pretty brutal, feels like its on fire when i touch it and stings. . . Any suggestions on why? ill try and upload a photo of the spot in a bit. By the way, it only really happens in my left leg. Never in my right leg.

Bench - awesome, i did 130lb. Working up to 135lb Friday. all 3 sets no assistance from my spotter, felt great. Form was good, arching the back a lot and planting the heels right in helps a shit load with lifting.

Deadlift - 120lb i believe it was. (37.5lb on each side). form i think was pretty good. Felt it in the lower back, i thought it went well. Form mainly trying to work on, hopefully its doing fine.

Dips - Great. Just great. I tried a different way, really squeezed my legs, and gluutes and leaning in with my chest trying to stabilize with my core, and not going below parellel so i work my triceps more. Felt good, and could do the 2x8 pretty easily.

Any suggestions on my leg problem? it only happens in my left leg.

your leg could be because of your squat form- i hurt my leg doing parallel squats 1 month into my form @ 185. Not sure at all though so i don't want to give you advice on that.

Bench- good stuff

Deadlift- which grip are you using? double over hand or over/under? if deads was easy for you today then i think you can move up to 135 (better ROM).

Dips- i was always under the impression going as far down as possible was better, but now deep dips hurt my shoulder so do w/e feels comfortable. You also don't have to stick to 2x8 on dips. You can also add a 3rd set or do more reps is 2x8 is easy.

General question- have you been doing warmup sets for your lifts? like on deadlift/squats which weight are you using to warmup?

General question- have you been doing warmup sets for your lifts? like on deadlift/squats which weight are you using to warmup?

O yeah man for sure. i just never include that in my logs =D

I am not sure how much to increase it by warming up. BUT

on Squats, i start 2sets of 5 using the bar.
Then 1 set of 5 doing 55lb.
Then i do 1 set of 3 reps doing 70lb.
Then my working set. (i think i forget one of my warmup sets i did because i don't remember. BUT i always do 4 warmup sets. 2 Sets of 5 with not weight, then 1 set of 5 with a little bit of weight. Then 1 set of 3 with more weight. Then 1 set of 2 with close to my working set. Then my working set.)

ok i think that's fine-- i would also start doing the mobility drills i posted.. I started them recently and they've been great!

Alright, i gave i think 2 of them a shot before my squats. I will definitely do that after my warmup just to loosen up, get everything warm. I'll do that Wednesday's workout. Tomorrow HIIT after school for 21minutes.

Alright, i gave i think 2 of them a shot before my squats. I will definitely do that after my warmup just to loosen up, get everything warm. I'll do that Wednesday's workout. Tomorrow HIIT after school for 21minutes.

ok.... if you're going to do any cardio make it HIIT..

ok.... if you're going to do any cardio make it HIIT..

Alright, i really think doing the HIIT is really good. Feels great when your all done it. Just a suggestions, if you can. How long should i do it on the treadmill? I do a sprint basically for 45seconds to 1minutes. Then a walk for a minute. That cycled for 21minutes. Is 21minutes too short? Too long?

Also, after should i do a jog, like a 40minutes jog. Or any other cardio after? I normally have soccer late nights Tuesday, and thats an hour also.

Alright, i really think doing the HIIT is really good. Feels great when your all done it. Just a suggestions, if you can. How long should i do it on the treadmill? I do a sprint basically for 45seconds to 1minutes. Then a walk for a minute. That cycled for 21minutes. Is 21minutes too short? Too long?

Also, after should i do a jog, like a 40minutes jog. Or any other cardio after? I normally have soccer late nights Tuesday, and thats an hour also.

coming from a soccer player, if you have soccer you don't need to do ANY OTHER CARDIO PERIOD.... besides lifting save your energy for soccer. I played on my school team this year and i am contemplating trying out for my D3 college next year (ranked 18 in the nation last i checked). I tried to lift in season, but i didn't have the time nor the energy as playing soccer for hours a day was so physically draining.

What kind of team are you playing on and is it only Tuesday nights? Soccer is great cardio! I am playing pickup basektball with some friends tomorrow and i count that as cardio.

Stick to 15-20 minutes imo.. not sure how to do it on a tredmill but i imagine that if you can do it on your street or a track that it would be much more efficient.. I would hate doing it on a tredmill because i would feel like i am not giving 100% with my running as it restricts you a lot and you don't want to go too fast just in case.

No 40 minute jogging cardio is necessary.

Top Bottom