Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Ark94's Workout Log

well i thought that creatine helps give you an extra boost @ the gym while whey is digested faster and since you just worked your muscles, that it's good to get protein to them as fast as possible and whey is very efficient at doing this. Please correct me if i am wrong.

Also, Ark has been lifting for maybe a few weeks if that. I think he should learn the form before he starts taking any sort of supps

Dude creatine doesn't really work that way. It builds up in your system like a reservoir, so it doesn't matter when you take it.

Damnnnn fucking awesome Workout today =D

Workout B Rippetoes 3x5

Squats - I did 22.5lb on each side. so 90lb total.

First warmup sets i did it with my shoes on, and i really started to feel a problem. My feet were moving around a ton. So i took of my shoes and squatted in my socks. Fucking first working set i did, it was awesome. I could tell there was a hell of a difference between my working sets, just because i took off my shoes. My balance was a lot better, and it felt a lot better in general.

However, when i squat i feel if i do it a bit closer, my knees sometimes do not always stay stable. Any suggestions? I believe my back was pretty damn good today, not sure though but i was working my ass off to stop GM'ing.

Military Presses - Working set was 60lb so 7.5lb on each side (im a pussy =D). Also did it in my socks, felt fucking awesome. I was really trying to keep the bar as close as possible, and get that torso moving like a jerk forward with your torso to get the bar behind you. but not a big jerk, just to like describe it. Felt great doing that, really felt it more in my shoulders, some random times i got a bit off balance, like almost falling back, my feet didn't move just my body sort of leaned back. Probably because the bar went a bit to far back from my body.

Bent Rows - Working set of 85lb. Again with my socks off. When i did this, i really was working on staying stable and just using my back etc to lift. Not trying to sway. It felt great, like my whole back was somewhat exhausted, idk just never felt that way before, it felt awesome though.

So i think it was a great workout. Still working on my form for squats thought =(. My dips also felt great though, i didn't go as far down, and trying to have a bit of a slant, where my chest was a bit more forward then my legs and my body being vertical. Felt it a shit load more.

So far really no questions. Still working on my form for all things.

I just want to hit 200lb for my squat, and 200lb for my bench by like April or May. Is that possible? Right now squat it 90lb haha and my bench is 130lb.

I just want to hit 200lb for my squat, and 200lb for my bench by like April or May. Is that possible? Right now squat it 90lb haha and my bench is 130lb.

there is something wrong if your bench is that much higher than your squat. Your arms shouldnt be able to move more than your legs...

there is something wrong if your bench is that much higher than your squat. Your arms shouldnt be able to move more than your legs...

I know man, i know. I am really scared of that =( My squat should be atleast my weight in theory? 150lb? I got no fucking clue why its sooo weak. I have a feeling i can lift a lot more, but i don't have the sort of hip spring rippetoe talks about in his book, nor is my form really that good right now. I guess its cause a lack of form, i never get the momentum to come out of the bottom of the squat, which is why i GM right? So thats what i am working on.

Also, i didn't do ANY chest workout today at all, just Squat, Military, and Bent Rows and my chest is fucking killing me. Not like killing, but it feels really big and heavy, and kind of satisfying =D not sure why but it is sore more than any of body part right now.

Damnnnn fucking awesome Workout today =D

Workout B Rippetoes 3x5

Squats - I did 22.5lb on each side. so 90lb total.

First warmup sets i did it with my shoes on, and i really started to feel a problem. My feet were moving around a ton. So i took of my shoes and squatted in my socks. Fucking first working set i did, it was awesome. I could tell there was a hell of a difference between my working sets, just because i took off my shoes. My balance was a lot better, and it felt a lot better in general.

However, when i squat i feel if i do it a bit closer, my knees sometimes do not always stay stable. Any suggestions? I believe my back was pretty damn good today, not sure though but i was working my ass off to stop GM'ing.

Military Presses - Working set was 60lb so 7.5lb on each side (im a pussy =D). Also did it in my socks, felt fucking awesome. I was really trying to keep the bar as close as possible, and get that torso moving like a jerk forward with your torso to get the bar behind you. but not a big jerk, just to like describe it. Felt great doing that, really felt it more in my shoulders, some random times i got a bit off balance, like almost falling back, my feet didn't move just my body sort of leaned back. Probably because the bar went a bit to far back from my body.

Bent Rows - Working set of 85lb. Again with my socks off. When i did this, i really was working on staying stable and just using my back etc to lift. Not trying to sway. It felt great, like my whole back was somewhat exhausted, idk just never felt that way before, it felt awesome though.

So i think it was a great workout. Still working on my form for squats thought =(. My dips also felt great though, i didn't go as far down, and trying to have a bit of a slant, where my chest was a bit more forward then my legs and my body being vertical. Felt it a shit load more.

So far really no questions. Still working on my form for all things.

no bro those are way out of reach. to be brutally honest.

EM- i think he's been benching longer than he's been squatting, so it's common at this stage that his bench will be higher.

Video your lifts when you can so we can give them another look at. Keep it up.

Oh and also- military press hits your chest and so do dips

I know man, i know. I am really scared of that =( My squat should be atleast my weight in theory? 150lb? I got no fucking clue why its sooo weak. I have a feeling i can lift a lot more, but i don't have the sort of hip spring rippetoe talks about in his book, nor is my form really that good right now. I guess its cause a lack of form, i never get the momentum to come out of the bottom of the squat, which is why i GM right? So thats what i am working on.

dont worry, as you get better at the squat form it should get stronger. About the GMing out of the squat, your lower back is probably weak. Do you have a back extension bench either the flat version or the 45 degree version at your gym?

If your talking about this - http://www.flexfit24.com/images/Paramount Roman Bench 45 Degree Back Extension 5600.jpg

Yes there is only one in the gym.
You basically hit it bang on, i have an EXTREMELY weak back, to be honest i never worked out my back ever until i started Rippetoes program, so its weak as hell.
So should i be doing weighted back extensions? Like where i go down, then up or whatever? Not sure the name

start with 3 sets of bodyweight hypers every friday. Start with only 8-10 reps per set depending on how hard it is and try to squeeze your spinal erectors at the top of each rep, if your doing it right your lower back may feel a bit pumped or tight afterwards, aslong as it doesnt hurt then its fine. Just dont go to failure. Build up the reps each week and when you can do 3 sets of 20 reps then we will talk about adding weight. Do you know how to do hypers? They should look like this:

YouTube - DeFrancosTraining.com - weighted 45-degree back extensions

Wow, morning run. Went at 9:30, actually got out say everything on at 9:32.

Ran 8kilometres, around our block (i live in the countryside so the roads are fucking long) and i have no fucking clue, but i ran it in 29minutes. I was jogging too, i got back in at 9:59. I also stopped to walk 4 times, i think a 1 minute or 30second walk each time. It felt great though, and felt pretty easy cause i was running with an ipod in my ear, and a water bottle in my hand in the cold. I know for sure every Sunday i can do it at minimum. If there is any day where my school starts late, or a holiday i am going to try those morning also. Saturdays i got morning school for an extra credit so i really can't do it then.

Top Bottom