Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Ark94's Workout Log

that's great dude!!!! occasionally there are some guys like him who come to the YMCA..

sounds like you're getting much stronger! His advice about bench is spot on.. Keeping your heels on the floor helps to generate power through your heels. Keep doing it to your squat. Squatting with a 45 on each side will feel great in a few workouts!

that's great dude!!!! occasionally there are some guys like him who come to the YMCA..

sounds like you're getting much stronger! His advice about bench is spot on.. Keeping your heels on the floor helps to generate power through your heels. Keep doing it to your squat. Squatting with a 45 on each side will feel great in a few workouts!

Hahah i hopeeee so.

Aside from that, we got on a conversation about squatting, and benching comparisons =D
Was interesting, he knows his stuff. I learned that my bench doesn't go up quick (given), but my squat can go up 5lb a week. He told me that my legs, back etc are MAJOR muscles, big muscles that do not depend on your age, and body growth. HOWEVER your shoulders are a smaller muscle. Which is why your squat won't go up as quick as squats, because it improves with age, also training but the older you get, the bigger those muscles get, which the more i should be able to lift. That is pretty interesting, so i learned that little bit.

ANYWAYS, i cannot wait to start my bulk. just soo anxious. Starting officially on Monday =D

Is it cool to be doing the 1 second pause? i may even try it for squats since it would help my form. That fine to put in?

if your gonna pause then pause with the bar touching your chest, not 1 inch above like he told you

yeah he said on his chest, i was sort of typed it wrong. He said to pause right on my chest, then explode up, so i can get into that form.

Is it cool to do it in the squats? ofc its going to be with lighter weights, but im not sure if i should do that. any insight on this?

yeah he said on his chest, i was sort of typed it wrong. He said to pause right on my chest, then explode up, so i can get into that form.

Is it cool to do it in the squats? ofc its going to be with lighter weights, but im not sure if i should do that. any insight on this?

at this point in your training, i wouldn't make it a priority to stop in the hole for 1 second.. I would make it more of a priority to add weight to the bar while keeping good form doing a regular squat- just think about form, not such a minor detail like pausing. Imo the same goes for bench, but if you're adamant about it then by all means do it as it's not as big of a deal as with the squat. .. At this point you shouldn't be using any sort of techniques, especially on your squat since you just got your form down. you should just try to lift the weight the way it's supposed to be lifted.

I also don't want to sound like a douche, but i want to let you know that a lot of people know about squats and deadlifts. However, just because they know of the lifts (and i see this with 90% of the people at my gym who do them) it doesn't mean they know how to do them. Just keep this in mind when talking to this guy at your gym as i made the mistake of listening to some guys who do squats and deadlifts because i thought they were amazing when i was starting out as they've actually heard of the lifts (still a beginner like you though :) )

This guy does sound pretty legit for now though.. i would confirm here before you listen to him 100% though

do you really want to lower your squat even more and use even less weight? :confused:

do you really want to lower your squat even more and use even less weight? :confused:
lmaoo nah man, i really don't. i won't do it on squats, but i will on bench, maybe just for 2 weeks. Then get back into the regular form.

So i am starting my bulk tomorrow. Going out to the grocery right now to stock up on food for the next week i believe. Not much to ask right now, but i may have some questions when i get back.

lmaoo nah man, i really don't. i won't do it on squats, but i will on bench, maybe just for 2 weeks. Then get back into the regular form.

So i am starting my bulk tomorrow. Going out to the grocery right now to stock up on food for the next week i believe. Not much to ask right now, but i may have some questions when i get back.

no, just choose one form and stick with it

Top Bottom