Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

For anyone that tried the Old School Program

T

The Shadow

...or any slight variation, please post weeks on, pounds and strength gains.

Thanks.

Damnit, you're asking me to dig out a lot of old data. I filed my year 2001 training log so I don't have that data. But I can give you an overall type view.

I started in Feb 2001 after a foot injury kept me out of the gym for months (a raise in bloodpressure caused intense throbbing). Before that time, I had never really dedicated myself to lifting. I could barely bench 135 for 8 reps and squats in the 8 rep range was about 95 lbs. I weighed 188 lbs at 6'2".

Yesterday I weighed in at 228.5 lbs. I've done the Old School method 2 or 3 times I think and out of the 40 lbs I've gained, I would accredit 20 of those to it. The last time I did the Old School Method, I benched 240 for 3 sets of 5 reps each. My last 3 sets of squats was 315/3 325/3 335/3. Deadlifts, which I never did prior to this program was at 265 for 2 sets of 5 reps each.

While these are not the pounds that the big boys use, I'm VERY FUCKING PROUD of what I've accomplished. I absolutely accredit a lot of my strength gains to this method. This program has added a ton of core thickness and strength to me. It would have been interesting to take some before shots of my hip flexors and glutes before I began. I've noticed a lot of mass added in those areas (not fat either fuckers). My spinal erectors and traps have finally started to grow and develop, something they never did before when I was isolating way to much during my workouts.

Maybe I'll go back and try to find how much weight I've gained during these workouts. But I think I gained about 8-10 lbs in 4 weeks naturally the first time I did it.

Keep this in mind people. In my opinion, this is probably not the best workout if you're already an advanced powerlifter or bodybuilder. But for the intermediate and especially the beginner, this is a great program that forces you to incorporate core exercises that WILL develop your core strength. Core Strength is something most of us ignore but is absolutely vital to making progress.

*stepping off my soapbox*

I didn't gain alot of size because my diet was absolute shit (I'm a Po' College student) but I used a three day split similar to this and got alot stronger. My weight stayed right at 200 lbs. Not sure of the specific lift weights, but in 5 weeks I went up about 20 lbs. on DB presses, about 20 on bench, 30 - 40 on squat. I liked the routine because it was simple and I never felt like I was doing a worthless exercise.

Weeks 5 going on 6

Weight 147 to around 157

My diet was total shit before this...TOTAL

While on this program my eating increased by like 10x hehe
I don't see that much fat, my abs look as good as they did before I started eating like an animal...

Lots of strength:
Bench + 20 pounds
Squat + 35 pounds
Deadlift + 35 pounds

Keep in mind I haven't been training long, but I plan on doing this for another 6 weeks or some sort of variation then going to westside. Wouldn't mind another 10 pounds...i'd trade in the abs hehehe.

Last edited:
I'm not far enough for conclusive info, but since you asked, the least I can do is provide....

Week 2 in the gym just ended today. Not much time, I know. But I gain weight very hard and VERY SLOW. I was 193 2 weeks ago, now I'm 197-8, pushing 200. Couple days ago my bench had gone up 5lbs, after being stuck for awhile. Finally used 50lb DB's on my OH press, something I just could not get to beforehand (doh, I just betrayed how big of a pussy I am). Squats would be immeasurable, as I've recently discovered the joy of going ass to calves and hence my weights are 20% less. My early thoughts are this is gonna be better for me than the WBB 1 routine I just did.

I fully plan to post when I'm done w/ 7 or 8 weeks and hope I have another testimonial for this routine.

I also plan to post a pic and a "HELP ME" thread in the next couple days because I'm just having a hell of a time with my body. If the help I've gotten the past few months continues, I know I'll get this shit worked out. Thanks all.

Top Bottom