Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Anyone Train with Bands?

McSatan

Can anyone provide some specificity as to how you use bands? I know which exercises and doing eccentric/concentric phases. But they don't list what size bands for what exercise or range. I know using super heavy ones on a heavy deadlift would only prevent me from moving it. So what sizes apply to what exercise?

You can add bands of various resistances and chains of different weights to change where the stress on the muscle peaks during the movement.

For example, when doing a bench press, most people's sticking point is the top of the movement because their triceps are not as strong as their chest. By adding bands or chains to the movement, you make the top of the movement the hardest portion and put more emphasis on training the triceps then the chest.

You don't need a lot of resistance from the bands. They are just an acessory to the regular weight on the bar. I would buy a pack of bands that has 10, 20 and 30 pounds resistances

You can add bands of various resistances and chains of different weights to change where the stress on the muscle peaks during the movement.

For example, when doing a bench press, most people's sticking point is the top of the movement because their triceps are not as strong as their chest. By adding bands or chains to the movement, you make the top of the movement the hardest portion and put more emphasis on training the triceps then the chest.

You don't need a lot of resistance from the bands. They are just an acessory to the regular weight on the bar. I would buy a pack of bands that has 10, 20 and 30 pounds resistances

I got a pair of green ones, said to be in the 50-125lb. range. I've used them on my bench only so far, doing it from the floor and reverse banding. It was interesting, but I could see where you could over train easily, because of the extra weight you use and the extra force you have to supply.

I've always have been interested in those it seems like a cool change up. I've also always wanted to use chains but have never seen either of them being used at my gym and even if they were brought by some one I would feel awkward to ask to work in haha

Top Bottom