Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

anyone here ever got carpal tunnel syndrome?

thinkBIG

I think I might have this dreaded affliction and its been really depressing me. Lately writing and typing can be painful after awhile and sometimes I wake up with my arms feeling like they are going to fall asleep.

A lot of movements in the gym bother my wrists right now so I've laid off for a month. Sometimes my biceps and shoulders hurt as well. I've injured my shoulder before and some people say it could be a problem to do with that, but I suspect it is probably CTS. Anyone here ever recovered from it and returned to the gym? Is the surgery a good solution? Thanks

I had something pretty similar from not locking out my wrists while benching, i found a lot of stretching really helped

where is the pain?

my aunt had surgery on both wrists, and I believe with CTS the pain is specifically on the underside of your wrists....she typed all day.

I use a mouse all day, and I have pain on the top surface of my wrists and hands....which I believe is just fatigue...somethimes my whole arm will hurt also....but who knows...

I have tendonitis in my wrists from gymnastics. Sometimes it bothers me and sometimes it doesn't. My wrists just kill after a gymnastic session or working on my press holds. Your pain might just be from repetitive stress(which often results in tendonitis) I use a product by Labrada called Elasti-Joint, it's got collagen, glucosamine, chondroitin and msm in it and it really helps me. On heavy stress days, I use two servings instead of one and that does the trick for me. I would suggest stretching throughout the day, especially if you are on the comp all day. Just stretch them out now and again. I would also suggest picking up some sort of joint formula because they really do help. Good luck with that, I know it can be quite painful.

Surgery should be your last option. The key to healing is so often eliminated by modern medicine its no wonder people have so many problems as they get older. Tendonits, CTS etc can all be accounted to stress/miscrotears etc of tendons/ligaments. These tissues have a very slow turnover rate between 300-500 days. These areas also have a poor blood supply but are rich in nerve endings. When thes structures become injured they get inflamed and it causes pain. The most common reaction is to take anti-inflamatories which eases the pain but as anyone who has had a chrnic injury can attest to it simply never seems to heal. The reason is that inflamation is a key element in the healing process, it causes a cascade of reaction in the body which promotes healing by many means. Anti-inflamatories greatly reduce or totally negate the inflamation and the necessary aspects of healing.

If the condition does not heal(more accuratly not allowed to heal) then you end up with permanent long term damage. If your CTS is just starting, avoid anti-inflamatories at all costs, this will be your best bet to them healing on their own. Dont avoid using your hands but if you are in a job where you do the same thing all the time, try and take frequent brakes. Using the injured area promotes bloodflow and also helps in healing. Avoid using ice as it restricts capilaries/bloodflow etc and reduces the amount of nutrients/oxygen needed to heal damaged tissue.

If it simply doesnt go away on its own there is a procedure called prolotherapy, its a quick office visit and it treats the damaged tendons/ligament by forcing inflamation and in turn greatly increases the rate of healing. You can find out more about it in generall and look for a doc in your area at prolonews.com

got to find the cause of it. Mine was as simple as my office chair being set too low and my hand always having to be lifted up slightly to use the mouse. wear the brace and have your workstation evaluated for ergo problems if you suspect it.

1920447_zoom.jpg

I've had CTS for years now (I'm 36), but recently seriously aggrivated it and now have tendonitis. In the past my regular doctor prescribed anti-inflamatories and muscle relaxants and eventually physical therapy. It never went away. I recently arm wrestled for the first time and screwed myself up bad. So I went to my massage therapist who in turn recommended me to a chiropractic kinesiologist...he agrees that taking anti-inflamatories will slow down the healing process and he agreed that I should continue lifting, just go lighter for a bit. I have taken a week off from upper body work, but after reading what Zyglamail said, I'm gonna get back in today and continue on and hope it improves. Taking a week off has NOT helped at all. The massage therapist stressed that I need to incorporate stretching inbetween all sets. I had just started my first cycle of test prop 1 1/2 weeks before I hurt myself a week ago. I was just about to make the decision to go off cycle this morning but I'm gonna continue for another week and see what happens. I've also slowed down on computer useage...that should help some! I do have a logitec ergo track ball that I got years ago when I found the regular mouse causing a lot of problems for the CTS...I suggest getting one of those if you're having problems.

Top Bottom