Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

anyone get extreme shoulder pain after chest workouts

P

Phaded

for some reason my right shoulder always is fucking killing me after i do chest workouts.. wondering if there are any thing i can do to workout my chest without hurting my shoulder.. i'm guessing its the incline flies and incline press thats hurting my shoulder..

i didn't mention i've had 3 labrum tendon surgeries as to baseball.. any input for a good chest workout without stressing the shoudlers is much appreciated..

Stick to DBs for a while on your presses. If the inlcine flyes hurt that much, don't do em for a while.
And here's something that may sound a little crazy. I know a pro strongman from my gym and he uses a special ointment for his shoulders. Don't laugh now...it's called DMSO and it's made for horses. The diff between DMSO and and stuff like IceyHot, is that DMSO attacks joint pain...not muscle pain. My buddy and his fellow strongmen swear by this stuff. You can find it at a farm supply store.

First, learn proper bench form. Make sure to keep your elbows in - don't flare. You may also want to stray from flat bench pressing, as it tends to irritate the rotator cuffs more than other exercises for the chest. Also, try doing rehabilitation work for the shoulders to keep them strong. Finally, you might want to focus on higher rep ranges if you work in a fairly low range.

thanks for the input bors..i might just stick with hammer strength machiens for a few weeks till my shoulder feels great..

Top Bottom